TRACKER: Fairfax/VA/DC - Alexandria Court Oath ceremony - pending Oath letter

linuxrox

Registered Users (C)
Please use this format:
Interview Date - What change was applied for - Any other contacts with USCIS(any action) - current status

My details:
Dec 2 2009 - First name Shortening - Contacted USCIS on March 2(letter received in march 3rd week that my case is -approved - waiting in Q for oath) - WAITING for Oath letter

I propose Rox as the President of Fairfax Name Change Club

My Details

Apr 1 2010 - First Name Shortening - No contact yet - WAITING for Oath Letter.

Hi There,

I guess i am not alone on this waiting game for the Oath Ceremony Letter.
My time goes as following:

02/25/2010 Interview and tests PASSED, but a decision cannot be made at this time due to a missing file wait for two weeks ; It has been more than a month and i am still waiting.

If you are not luck, Oath letter may take 120days or more to be mailed.
right now Fairfax office is processing people who's priorite date is september 3, 2009.

Wavejaz - what type of case are you talking about here ?
Were you also doing a 'name change' during interview ?

No, no name change at all. My Naturalization interview was on 02/25/2010 passed the tests, but according to the IO there was a file missing that's why a final decision couldn't be made after the interview.

My case is on temporary status waiting a missing file.

Wave

Wave

My case was approved. The IO said he is sending the file to Court so I can take the oath over in Alexandria. The IO said I passed. The reason folks in this thread are waiting since we have to take the oath ceremony in court. If there is no name change I would have taken the oath that day itself.

Anyway I will keep posted what is happening. We all do here. Good luck.

ijames

Wow i am happy for you, please keep us updated .
Were you interviewed at Fairfax, VA Office? Did the IO tell you that if wasn't for a name chane you would have taken the Oath at same day or just assuming? Because for me it sims like once you make any changes or correction to your application you get B) A decision cannot be made about your application.

Wave

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat as ljames with name change. I didn't have any problem at the interview and I got a letter from the IO with A) "congratulation. you passed and recommended for approval" right away. He just said because I have my name change, it's going to be a while until I get the oath letter because the backlog in Alexandria court system

good luck to you wave.

ijames

Were you interviewed at Fairfax, VA Office? Did the IO tell you that if wasn't for a name chane you would have taken the Oath at same day or just assuming? Because for me it sims like once you make any changes or correction to your application you get B) A decision cannot be made about your application.

Wave

Wave,
What kind of correction did you make in your application?

There is a section that explains all fees and procedures.http;//courtrecordsdirectory.com/ site suggests that you have as much information as possible including name or names of parties involved, which court the case was heard in and other information that you may have. This will make your search go more quickly.

Yes I was interviewed at Fairfax,VA. Yes the IO said due to name change I have to go to court for oath. Definitely not assuming. Linuxrox also in same case. He already got approval letter after 90 days of the interview date. I guess your case is different. In deed the lady sat next to me told me during interview date she will be returning after the lunch to take the oath since she passed the interview.

ijames

Wave

Marriage Records Free Once you have sent the request you will receive an invoice from the Department of Public Safety. Upon receipt of payment, all available records you have requested will be sent to you.

Last edited by a moderator: