Tracker:Any Dec01 and beyond got plastic

I too am trying for job, no luck so far, I have already changed my address once?? I am not able to get job in area where I am currently residing. I am planning to apply for unemployment too, don't know if I can apply one month after getting layed off.

Wandergirl,
Any luck with job hunt?

wandergirlus said:
Yugesh: I am also waiting for my plastic card, since Jan this year. My case was proved last december right before Christmas and was stamped in Jan, and then was laid off in May. I just applied for unemployment and received my first check even I have not received my plastic card yet.

Plastic
I repeat & keep repeating NSC.... :D

---------------------------------
AD Dec 01
Stamping from Columbus, OH
Plastic Waiting!!!

Yugesh
I would wait for my plastic or wait for one year until I go for restamping(hope should not happen), I think unemployment benefits would be risking ur Green Card because INS may inquire labour because by law stamping is temporary until INS orders ur card.
Though market is improving, yet I am out of job since one month now.
Really mid west does not have much jobs u might move to east or west and trying to change address is risk at this stage

stamping: Cincinnati OH
AD Nov 15
Plastic: ??(waiting....................

Collecting unemployment should be ok. The money for this payment comes from a fund employers pay - insurance. As a company lays off more workers its insurance premiums increase. If you desire confirmation, please consult an immigration attorney. A one hour fee may very well be worth it.

Once you're I-551 is stamped in your passport you are a green card holder. Period. Getting the plastic card does not change your status one bit. It only gives us peace of mind.

rgds,
sadiq

Got layed off, asked my lawyer, says you can file unemployment, it is safe.
Sooner the better, you will start getting unemployment benefits effective only after the date you apply for it. Say you were layed off in June and apply in August, you will not get anything between June and August.
RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

Stamped from Cleveland, OH
Plastic : Waiting..........................

Now the message has been changed as below.

Current Status:

On August 26, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Called the UCIS last week and enquired about the card.. he took all my information and he was making a status inquiry and aks me to wait for 30 days and if don't hear anything give them call on 31st day.. and my Online msg has been changed very next day, after that inquiry saying that they sent the status inquiry and now it has been changed to the above msg.. Looks like the calling them is worth

Dwak,
Mine message is exactly same as yours

On August 26, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

BTW
I did not call anybody, was just waiting and waiting....

Stamping from Cleveland, OH
RD Feb 02
AD Nov 24 03
Waiting for Plastic card

Congrats

Cool Buddies....
Bhagwaan jab deta hai to chappar phar ke deta hai..... :)
Two persons in a row is an exciting news for us waiting in a row.

Do keep posted when u get ur plastic card. Hope u should get this week

RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

Stamped from Cleveland, OH
Plastic : Waiting..........................

Finally Card Arrived

Finally we received our Plastic card today.. both for self and wife..
Wish you all the waiters to receive the same soon...

Got actual plastic

Got actual plastic for me and wife. So long journey is done.
Thanks to all od you and may thy dreams come true

Stamping from Cleveland, OH
RD Feb 02
AD Nov 24 03
Plastic card:Aug 31,04