Track I-485 Approvals (After new Name Check 180 day rule)

What looks like the "THE" email ,feels like "THE" email , smells like "THE" email ,.... must be "THE" email..

This is the Best Quote I have heard in this forum which I am waiting desperately to shamelessly copy it and post it when my turn comes :)

I got mine after 2 years of wait-here's the details'
EB2-rest of world
140/485 filed: june 06
140 approved: Feb07
RFE 485:March 07...namecheck pending then
used DHS-7001 & congressmen
no LUD-got approved. No revised FP or Medical
Goodluck to everyone.hopefully everyone will get theirs..hopefully sooner than expected
On other hand: I usually see ppl get 2 kinda emails: one saying welcome notice..etc etc..other is card production ordered ....i dont know the order though.....
i just got 1 which is card production ordered..so does other folks whom I know and got aproved in last 3 days- Its still too good to be true that I'm afraid it might change to RFE or something (again....it's too good to be true when your case approved w/o any LUD or update)

Name check

I am new to this forum and have a simple question for anyone who knows about this whole process, how do you know you are actually in name check process? Does the new 6 month rule starts from filing date or from finger print date?
I-485
EB-3 ROW
PD: 6/22/05
FD:7/2/2007 TSC
ND:10/2/2007
Biometric 12/14/2007
LUD: 12/14/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, it starts from the date the 'FBI Name Check' has been initiated which is usually within 4 weeks from the ND of your I-485.

IE

Approximately one hour ago I have received 3 messages for me and for my family:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On March 21, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. ...
Details in the signature below. My whole path: J-1+2YHRR --> O-1 --> J-1 waiver (NOL) --> H-1B --> I-485/EB1-OR --> GC.
Good luck.

re:

hi all,

due to the new name check rule, I-485 are being approved if they are pending for over 180 days even though name check is pending.

if the 485 gets approved, how do we know whether the name check was cleared or not?

or if it was not, do we get a letter from the USCIS in the future that the namecheck was cleared at a particular time?

Name check

When is the start for 180 days for NC?
when you do your finger print or .....?

Name Chack

I am sorry I didn't quote your question earlier in my post # 125.

As far as I know, it starts from the date the 'FBI Name Check' has been initiated which is usually within 4 weeks from the ND of your I-485.

IE

When is the start for 180 days for NC?
when you do you finger print or .....?

Anyone got their I485 approvals ?

Anyone got their I485 approvals recently ? This list does'nt seem to have more of those good news updates since past few days.

Name Check Frastration please help if u can

Hi everyone, may you please tell me how i can find a congressman and what to say to them so i can get help with my case i have been waiting since march of 2006 i still have no answer, i went for an infopass in feb 08 they told me to wait,i should get a letter telling me to go for biometrics i know so many people who filed over a year afer i filed and went through the same but the have there GCs, or if you have any ideas of what i should do please help.
Thank you and all the best to everyone going through the same.

Lud Change

Lud on my I-485 changed twice yesterday and today . Is this a good sign ....
I think i might hear some good news today

Tanveer

You can find your congressman at http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
Some of us have been talking about cases which are way overdue and we think it has to be the IBIS check that is delaying it. Please see this thread
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=276167

Hi everyone, may you please tell me how i can find a congressman and what to say to them so i can get help with my case i have been waiting since march of 2006 i still have no answer, i went for an infopass in feb 08 they told me to wait,i should get a letter telling me to go for biometrics i know so many people who filed over a year afer i filed and went through the same but the have there GCs, or if you have any ideas of what i should do please help.
Thank you and all the best to everyone going through the same.

GC Interview on 3/21/08

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but I think it's a great suppot system. My husband had his interview for his green card on 3/21/08. The IO was very straight to the point did not ask much questions about our marriage he ask me a few questions about my husband family nothing personal about us which I thought was odd!! as I felt he was more concerned about his previous marriage. We went well prepared with all the requests docs, which they asks for bills, photos, joint bank account & health ins as most of the major bills are in my name because and I explained to the IO that I had the house before we got married and that my husband has very bad credit. We both work 2 jobs never been in any trouble with the law. My attoney was present and said we did fine but I didn't have a good feeling about it. At the end we were told that we should rec'd a decision in the mail. Is this dad news? I am so worried.

I got my approval after 2 years 3 months wait for name check.
details:
EB1 (India) concurrent filing sep 2005.
I-140 approval Oct 2005
Spouse name check cleared Nov 2005 (mine pending since then)
I-485 card ordered on 03/24/08, notice welcoming "new permanent resident" mailed yesterday.
Thanks to this forum for the valuable information that has been posted.

I just got my approval email.

Starting to end : 2000-2008. I'm really on cloud 9 at this moment. And yes, it happened due to Feb memo and continuously calling USCIS Cali Svc Center and then contacting congressman's office.

I've posted my response in other thread. Here is the link, *might* be of some help:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=276167&page=2

The 180 day rule is definitely working!

On 3/17 I spoke to an IO, the lady informed me that my name check had not cleared yet. Without me saying anything, she told me that my application should go forward according to the 180 days rule and hopefully will be approved by the end of April. Then I asked if my application has been assigned to an officer. The lady replied “it has”. Pleasantly surprised, I asked “it was giving to an officer?”. The lady replied “yes it was”. I don’t know why, but I asked again, “it is with an officer?”. The lady patiently replied “yes it is”.
On 3/21 my spouse and I received the card production email. On 3/24 we received the approval notice mailed email. On 3/25 we received the card production email again. On 3/28 I received the card mailed email, but my spouse did not. On 3/29 my spouse and I received the approval notice in the mail and only I received the actual card. On 3/31 my spouse received the actual card in the mail, and then the same day at night my spouse received the card mailed email.

Although I don’t care, but I am curious how the USCIS will inform us when the name check clears.

I am happy I am done with this process and hope you all will be. This forum has helped me quite a lot. I will be checking this thread for the next a couple weeks to answer any questions you might have.

EB2 ROW TSC
PD 12/04
I-140 AP 8/05
I-485 RD 9/06, LUD 1/19/07, 3/21, 3/24, 3/25, 3/28, 3/31.

Got it finally!!!

Just like everyone said, when you see THE email, the feeling is just inexplicable. I finally got THE email - Card production ordered. Finally the wait is over.

EB2 India, Labor Feb 2002, 485 Nov 2006. Phew!!! Thanks to all for their support and knowledge.

Good Luck to everyone. I hope to see the actual cards soon :) Damn, wonder what it will look it :)

raju125

Congrats! and little more details.

Congratulations. You you please let us know your Service Center and did you take any steps to make USCIS adjudicate your I485 or was done during their normal processing times. And I assume your NC is still pending? Thanks

Just like everyone said, when you see THE email, the feeling is just inexplicable. I finally got THE email - Card production ordered. Finally the wait is over.

EB2 India, Labor Feb 2002, 485 Nov 2006. Phew!!! Thanks to all for their support and knowledge.

Good Luck to everyone. I hope to see the actual cards soon :) Damn, wonder what it will look it :)

raju125

It was at NSC. No, I didn't take any steps at all. There were no LUD's on my case at all, since the one inquiry I made in Nov 07. I guess my NC is still pending. I have no clue and honestly at this time, I don't care :) This is the best news any one can have!!!

I wish you all good luck and I am sure this day is just around the corner for many of you.

Congratulations. You you please let us know your Service Center and did you take any steps to make USCIS adjudicate your I485 or was done during their normal processing times. And I assume your NC is still pending? Thanks