TR to RIR conversion tracker

approval for june / july 2001 PD TR (remanded from RIR) cases

Hi,
Has there been any approvals recently in Jan or Feb for such cases ? Does anyone know ?

In our company all these cases are stuck even though they show up as RIR from mid Jan ..

Acknowledgement received from DBEC

My attorney received acknowledgement from DBEC on 06FEB2007 for an intent letter sent on 19JAN2007. The case still shows as TR and inprogress. When does the online status change?

RIR Conversion email sent: 19JA2007
Acknowledgement rec'd: 06FE2007
Michigan/EB3/Regular
PD: Aug 2002
RD: Sometime in future
New BEC Case no.: D-05207-4xxxx
45-day Recd: 29 Aug 2005
Replied: 31 Aug 2005

TR to RIR Conversion

Just heard from our attorney that Dallas BEC has received about 18000 RIR conversion cases in January. Looks like RIR might also take sometime as well to get CERTIFIED :(

Got response to RIR conversion email

My attorney got acknowledgment from DBEC on Feb 7th of RIR conversion email sent on Jan 19th. The prevailing wage is less than the wage mentioned in ETA750. Our recruitment effort is going to complete in a week or so.

My attorney says since my current wage is more than prevailing wage , it is not needed to be mention in the ad.

Thanks

Of the 18000 conversion cases, I wonder how many are ones who have only sent the intent to conversion e-mail vis-a-vis actual conversion package with the recruitment report.

I reckon there are not many out the 18000 who fit in the latter.

RIR Certified

Finally, my LC got certified. We filed the recruitment report on Jan 16th, online status changed to RIR on Jan 26th, and starting this afternoon the status is showing certified. :D :D :D

As I mentioned earlier, we didnt send any intent to conversion email. Started the recruitment in November and directly filed the conversion package on Jan 16th, 2007. Certified on Feb 08th, 2007.

Good luck to you all.

RIR Conversion: BEC status website shows as Certified

I am very silent reader of this forum, this is my first message in 3 years. I have filed my labor NON-RIR case on 7/25/2003 in CA and it was pending in state before getting transferred to BEC. We submitted the RIR conversion package on 01/10/2007, without sending any conversion email and all.

And there was no "TYPE" change till Monday, and Monday (2/12/2007) morning the type showed as "RIR" and status as "In-Process" and Today morning (02/13/2007) when I checked the status in "Backlog Public Disclosure
System" it shows as CERTIFIED :D

But still I haven't heard anything from my attorney.

If anybody is still in doubt of whether to convert to RIR or not, hopefully my case will help you guys in making decision.

PD: 7/25/2003
RIR Conversion Package Sent: 1/10/2007
Type Change from TR to RIR: 02/12/2007
Shows Certified: 02/13/2007.

Congrats Kannan_sfo and thanks for sharing the news.

Question -- During the RIR recruitment activity, how long did you run the newspaper ad for?
I am aware that under TR, it needs to be for 3 days, but my legal coordinator tells me that for TR-->RIR conversion cases, its only for 1 day.

We have followed PERM recruitment procedure. We have given advertisement for 3 PERM cases and 2 RIR conversion cases all software engineer title. Same ads for all the cases(both PERM and RIR) and all the 5 cases got approved and mine was the last case to get approved.

MY lawyer has suggested to run the add for 2 days.

gkrish said:

Question -- During the RIR recruitment activity, how long did you run the newspaper ad for?
I am aware that under TR, it needs to be for 3 days, but my legal coordinator tells me that for TR-->RIR conversion cases, its only for 1 day.

Yeah my lawyer also said the same and we have only given one day AD.

gkrish said:

TR-> RIR case procedure? need help!!

Hi:

I just got email from my lawyer, he said he received BEC approve email to "TR->RIR" request, here is my question:

1) What kind of step I need expect to do?

2) When I can see my ad in ajb site? now or need wait for a few days?

Thanks everyone!!

May be I don't understand your question2 ,forgive me if I did . But why would you want to see your ad on AJB site if you have already got confirmation email for TR -> RIR conversion ?

If I am correct your job ad gets posted on AJB for TR cases (since thats done by BEC). For RIR Case, your employer is supposed to place ads to conduct the recruitment and finally send recruitment report to BEC.

Hope this helps.

stuck_gc said:
Hi:

I just got email from my lawyer, he said he received BEC approve email to "TR->RIR" request, here is my question:

Thanks everyone!!

answers

stuck_gc said:
Hi:

---you should prepare for the job advertisement to seek if any US citizens or Green Card holder is interested in the job, if NOT, then its yours.

---There won't be any job in ajb site. DOL has given your lawyer to do the recruitment after accepting your RIR conversion request.

Thanks everyone!!

Still Waiting

Hi,

Just wanted to see if someone knows how much time DBEC is taking before the conversion (TR--> RIR) requested is accepted.

Thanks

where_gc said:
Hi,

Just wanted to see if someone knows how much time DBEC is taking before the conversion (TR--> RIR) requested is accepted.

Thanks
Every case is treat differently. Some of my colleagues status changed from TR to RIR after the conversion packet was sent. Some changed with just an email. Once the packet is sent it has taken typically 5 business day to see the status changed to RIR. I am not sure how they treat emails. But atleast i know a case where they sent an email on Jan 17th and the status started showing up as RIR from 19th Jan. Hope this helps.

Thanks