Town Hall Meetings & RSVP's for CA Congressmen

Originally posted by kashmir
Now, karma_yoga is leading this subproject for Pete Stark Town Meeting.

I'd like to discuss two items:
1) follow-up of Acting Director, Office of Congressional Relations, Department of Homeland Security
2) request Don Nuefeld, Director of CSC, to allocate resources dedicated to EB I-485
-kashmir

Thanks kashmir.

My personal thanks to kashmir for handing over your hard work in CA District 13 to me.
Kashmir have already attended earlier Town hall meeting of congressman Pete Stark and he received response from congressman. We, the residents of CA districts 13 will take this efforts further with the help of residents of nearby districts members.

Summary:

We will be meeting at 8:30am at 6800 Mowry ave. Fremont.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2003
NEWARK
9:00am - 10:00am
Silliman Activity Center
Community Meeting Room
6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA

( Preferably, near statue of George and Beverly Silliman. As soon as you enter 6800 Mowry, you will see this statue to your left hand side.)

Action items:
1) follow-up of Acting Director, Office of Congressional Relations, Department of Homeland Security
2) request Don Nuefeld, Director of CSC, to allocate resources dedicated to EB I-485
3. Request for group meeting with Hon. Congressman Pete Stark to discuss our issues.
I will bring in copy of updated request letter. (Thx to 140_takes_4ever)

Should we exchange phone numbers, etc.? (via pm, email?) To facilitate the meeting?

I will make final modifications of the draft in the afternoon and upload the final copy based upon rk4gc's points.

I will print a copy, but would request atleast a couple more of the people here to print copies as well, in case someone doesn't make it or forgets his/her copy at home. (looking for atleast 4 volunteers here).

Thanks for making time for this event to all of you. I am sure nothing but good will come out of this meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will volunteer to print out copies and get them, regarding phone numbers I can share it (email or PM's), but i cannot give it here.

If you need me to do some thing i can take care of it.

weather GOOD happens through this meeting or not we have done something and are moving forward in a positive direction.

-RM

Hi there,

I would like to attend. But i have some other commitment at the same time.

I have met one of the staff few months ago. She is very helpful. But due to a different scenario I did get a positive response from the processing center.

If there is any letter that need to be signed please let me know. If you are planning to meet with Pete another day, i would gladly attend.

Thanks

Originally posted by Lolla_345
If there is any letter that need to be signed please let me know. If you are planning to meet with Pete another day, i would gladly attend.
Lolla,

Thank you for being pro-active in this process. We need a lot more people like you. It is of no matter that you can't make it for this meeting, we plan to do this for a number of meetings with other Congressmen/women, until we get direct access to them, so please feel free to join us in our next one.

As far as helping the fight for approvals in the near future, Please join Project Symphony which is a fax campaign to senators/congressmen to make them aware of our situation and to let them know that we are not asleep at the wheel. We are also inititating a fax campaign of the house immigration committee, etc.

Please click on any of the links below to gather further information.

“Action required” info of Project Ocean

Project "OCEAN": Become a U.S. Citizen by 2008 Election !!!!!

Project "Symphony" : Lobbying for Immigrants issues

Town Hall Meetings & RSVP's for CA Congressmen

"Ocean" subproject - Fax to Senators of California - Get 15 Adjudicators for EB I-485

* * * FAX petition to House Policy Committee & House Immigration Sub-committee * * *
Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov. Please e-mail to expedite the I 485 process

Your assistance is appreciated!

Co-ordinator

Karma_yoga,

Since this is Kashmir's and your brainchild, would you mind volunteering as a co-ordinator for this event? It would be much easier if everyone contacted one key person, and he in turn could contact everyone else with updates.

So if you volunteer to do so, we can pm you, our cell phone numbers and you could pm us, yours. Using which we can facilitate easier meeting information?

If Karma_yoga, doesn't want the responsibility, I am willing to be responsible for the same.

Town hall meeting

Hi guys,

I will see you tomorrow in the town hall meeting as well.
With sooooooooooo much encouragement, i don't want to miss it.

Thanks

wac02-240
Receipt Dt: 07/24/02

Updated Document

Please find attached the updated, final(?) draft of the letter to be submitted to Congressman Pete Stark.

Please post back here if you see something wrong or something that needs to be changed.

It has been bought to my attention, by someone's whose opinion I respect, that sharing Phone numbers etc. unless absolutely necessary is not required, since we are an online community and should be able to function as one, I am dropping the request to consolidate phone numbers etc. Please meet us at the statue, as mentioned earlier by Karma_Yoga, inside the auditorium. I am sure we can find each other (besides being fun to guess who is who on the portal). :)

I have taken a printout of the letter and as Karma_yoga and RM_CSC have volunteered to bring copies as well, we don't need anyone else to take printouts (no point in cutting up more trees).

Do I need to send contact details ?

Hope to see you all tomorrow in 6800 mowry .

thanks
pathapati..{Vasu }

Re: Do I need to send contact details ?

Originally posted by pathapati
Hope to see you all tomorrow in 6800 mowry .

No!

We can meet up tomorrow at Silliman and then speak to each other. This is a first time for most of us I guess other than Karma_Yoga and Kashmir, so they can probably run the show from there as to how we bring our point of view to the Congressman, and when to approach him.

See you guys tomorrow, bright and bushy tailed! :)

163 pages of List of 3,588 Signatures

I will bring two copies of List of Signatures.
Now, I am printing them.
See you tomorrow in Newark,
-kashmir

Just got back from the meeting!

First off, wanted to thank all the people who made it to Silliman Center for the meeting with Congressman Pete Stark. It was wonderful to put faces on people with whom you exchange advise (and barbs at times), become friends with, but can never ever really meet.

I am also glad that the group of people I met were all enthusiastic participants and each of them bought a unique idea/focus into the conversation/meeting.

So a round of applause for the people who stepped up to make a difference, their names are:

• Kashmir
    Jeremy_Polka
    Karma_Yoga
    Desi_Mazdur
    BCIS_Sux
    Rk4GC
    RM_CSC
    Kadamtal
    Pathapati
    Kash777
    140_takes_4ever

Unfortunately Congressman Pete Stark was unable to attend, due to delays in the vote in Washington (Medicare bill), but we did have the opportunity to speak with people from his district staff: Ms. Gaye Hyde, and we also got an opportunity to discuss future courses of action.

We do hope that more forum members in the bay area and beyond, make it a point to attend town meetings and send petitions to their congressman and other representatives.

I will be posting the minutes of the meeting here soon, so please check back later.

PHProjkt

I created user accounts at PHPojekt project management system for attendees.
Your login user name is exactly the same one at immigrationportal.com.
Your initial password is the same as your login name.
Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever

• Kashmir
    Jeremy_Polka
    Karma_Yoga
    Desi_Mazdur
    BCIS_Sux
    Rk4GC
    RM_CSC
    Kadamtal
    Pathapati
    Kash777
    140_takes_4ever
As the current system has a limination, a normal user can not change his password, but only administrators can do that.
I set the administrator access right to Karma_Yoga and 140_take_4ever.
Don't input any private information.
-kashmir

Kashmir,

Sorry to bother you, earlier I had project admin access (chief), but now i am not able to acess any other than CA district 13.
May be you can revert what you did with my login id. ( Earlier i had same login id wth chief access).

Thanks,
karma_yoga

Hi, karma_yoga,
I have just changed your account's access right back to "user with chief right", sorry.
I have also created new administrator account for you with "karma_yoga_Admin".
Please login with the same password as login name and change it.

Hi, 140_takes_4ever,
I have done the same chnages to your accounts.
You have two accounts "140_takes_4ever" as user with chief right and "140_takes_4ever_Admin" as administrator.
Please change your passwords, too.
-kashmir
Originally posted by karma_yoga
Kashmir,
Sorry to bother you, earlier I had project admin access (chief), but now i am not able to acess any other than CA district 13.
May be you can revert what you did with my login id. ( Earlier i had same login id wth chief access).
Thanks,
karma_yoga

Hi Guys

I was not able to make it to today's meeting. But would like to join in your meeting with Pete Stark on another day. If you would like you may include me in your group discussion.

Thanks

kashmir ..I am not able to log in PHPojekt

Kashmir,
I am not able to login into PHPojekt with my immigrationportal.com login and PWD. Please advice waht do i do?

thanks
pathapati

Re: kashmir ..I am not able to log in PHPojekt

Originally posted by pathapati
I am not able to login into PHPojekt with my immigrationportal.com login and PWD. Please advice waht do i do?
Hi, pathapati,
Your password at PHProjkt is "pathapati" because i don't know your real password at ImmigratoinPortal.Com.