Tourist visa to Canada while on B2 visa

nabraham

Hi,
My parents are visiting the US in a month and are interested in taking a short trip to Canada as well; I have a couple of questions in this regard;
1) Can they apply for the Canadian tourist visa while they are in the US (or is it preferable to apply from India)
2) If applying from the US, what are the documentation requirements

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies;

Hi,
My parents are visiting the US in a month and are interested in taking a short trip to Canada as well; I have a couple of questions in this regard;
1) Can they apply for the Canadian tourist visa while they are in the US (or is it preferable to apply from India)
2) If applying from the US, what are the documentation requirements

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies;

I would like to find out the same thing. Isn't it possible to visit Canada without a visa using I-94 as long as you are returning to the U.S within 30 days?

I would like to find out the same thing. Isn't it possible to visit Canada without a visa using I-94 as long as you are returning to the U.S within 30 days?

No, you are confusing AVR with the requirement of having the cdn visitor visa to visit Canada - AVR and cdn visa requirements are 2 separate things.

Where to get Canadian tourist visa?

Exemption from a Canadian visit visa depends on your citizenship. US greencard holders however get a blanket exemption.

Hi Triple Citizen,

My father is visiting us in US on B2 visa. We are planning to visit Canada this sumer. I know he needs visitor visa for Canada. The question is that can he get that visa on border (POE)? Or should he get visa from NY or Buffalo Canadian consulate?

Thanks for the guidance.

Hi Triple Citizen,

My father is visiting us in US on B2 visa. We are planning to visit Canada this sumer. I know he needs visitor visa for Canada. The question is that can he get that visa on border (POE)? Or should he get visa from NY or Buffalo Canadian consulate?

Thanks for the guidance.

Visa is NEVER issued at the POE - you need to visit consulate to get the visa.

I would go to the consulate/embassy in India, not here. It would be safer that way. Either way, call them and ask them what your options are.

Border Crossing issues

We are planning a short (4 day) trip to Niagara Falls tomorrow and will be traveling with my mother in law who is visiting us from India on a Multiple entry B2 visa.

Her US I-94 expires in Sep 09. We plan to visit Canada in June. She already obtained her Canadian visitors visa in NYC.

We are planning on crossing Canada by road tomorrow.

My questions:

i) Will she have to surrender her I-94 when entering Canada ?
ii) Will she have to go through separate process when re-entering US ? In other words, she will have her Indian passport + US Visa + valid I94 in her possesion. Will the officer at the car lanes be able to admit her, or will we have to get out of the car and go to a separate screening process ?
iii) Any special documents to carry in addition to passport and return air ticket to India ?

Thanks

Hari

A1: If she will stay in Canada for less than 30 days, she does not have to surrender it.
A2: If the I-94 is still with her, the officer at the booth may grant her re-entry himself/herself.
A3: Whatever she carried when she initially entered.

i) Will she have to surrender her I-94 when entering Canada ?
ii) Will she have to go through separate process when re-entering US ? In other words, she will have her Indian passport + US Visa + valid I94 in her possesion. Will the officer at the car lanes be able to admit her, or will we have to get out of the car and go to a separate screening process ?
iii) Any special documents to carry in addition to passport and return air ticket to India ?

Hi Hari,
I have a L1 Visa whereas my Mom has a B1/B2, and planning to visit Canada in Sep 09, could you let me know how to go about getting the visa in NY.

Bala