Too many denials ?

spiderman03

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone feel that there are too many denials lately or cases pending with "decision cannot be made at this time" after interview? I might be wrong but I see folks posting these denials a lot lately. Is this a new trend from USCIS? Any thoughts?

"Decision cannot be made" is seen when the case evidence must be further looked at by a supervisor, and has no bearing on the final outcome of a case.
What do you mean by "too many" denials?

Yes, feel same. Especially the post which was denied only because of 10 years ago a visa application form issue.
:eek:

Does anyone feel that there are too many denials lately or cases pending with "decision cannot be made at this time" after interview? I might be wrong but I see folks posting these denials a lot lately. Is this a new trend from USCIS? Any thoughts?

The exact same thought did pass through my mind also yesterday. However if you notice closely I believe there have just been 4 or 5 cases during the past week but have received a lot of responses and always tended to be on top and hence conspicuous. Just 4 to 5 in terms of numbers is not a lot and also each of these has some very unique situation; so routine filers should not be concerned in my opinion. :)

It did cross my mind but if you read those denial posts carefully, you will notice none of them are straight forward cases. Either Messy divorces, applicant with criminal history or arrests, too many traffic violations, stayed out of the U.S way too long, Tax issues etc. USCIS has some reservations on letting those people become U.S Citizens which is completely understandable. On the other hand, straight forward cases are getting approved on the spot. Bottom line: If you haven’t done anything wrong, you ain’t got nothing to worry about :)

"Decision can not be made at this time" - Does not necessarily mean denial, in majority of cases, additional documentation or information required and enough time will be given to provide the required documents. Upon submission of required documents, the recommendation for approval is expected.

It's just a end of fiscal year, need to meet the Goal for the FY09. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I had my interview and felt like a formality. IO went through the application to make sure that nothing is changed, then 6 questions, then reading/writing one sentence each and finally congratulations!!

It took only 6 minutes to complete every thing.

Yesterday I had my interview and felt like a formality. IO went through the application to make sure that nothing is changed, then 6 questions, then reading/writing one sentence each and finally congratulations!!

Congratulations!

I had the exact same exsperience yesterday. Mine took about 10 minutes and after verifying everything from N400and 6 questons, read/write, I got apprval with congratulations. Did not ask any documents except GC, DL.

DO: Jacksonville, FL
N-400 Application
RD: 01/28/09
FP: 02/16/09
IL : 03/05/09
ID: 04/13/09 (First interview de-scheduled - no clue)
IL: 08/30/09 (2nd letter)
ID:09/28/09 - Approved
OL: xx/xx/09