too late to apply for H1?

hopeful82

Hi all,

Being not informed enough on H1 visa, I'm afraid I'm too late to apply for it.

My OPT ends July 12th 2006, I have a possible full time employment with visa sponsorship. We're in the middle of talking.

I heard that the deadline to apply for H1 is June.

Is this true, and when is the next possible time for me to apply?

Thanks in advance.

There is no fixed deadline, whenever all the quota is gone is the deadline.
You need to be in VERY hurry.. You need to run LCA before going to file I-129
with CIS which is the time you can grab the quota.

Last edited by a moderator:
hopeful82 said:
Hi all,

My OPT ends July 12th 2006, I have a possible full time employment with visa sponsorship. We're in the middle of talking.

Thanks in advance.

H1 visas are being used up quickly for FY2007, so act fast. See Immigration Law

Thank you

for the replies.

So if I miss this boat because of quota limit, then the next time I can apply is next year?

next time you can apply is April 1 next year, Or if H1 quota increase is applied this year, you have a chance later this year.

Lets hope the h1 limit increases this year. I missed it too. Applied yesterday and today I found out that the cap has been reached on May 26.

hopeful82 said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

You have an OPT. This must have been derived out of a M.S/Ph.D. ? Since that is a higher degree, the 20,000 quota applies to you. Last year, this 20,000 quota expired on Jan 17th 2006, I think, and the regular 65,000 quota had expired sometime in August'2005

This year, the 65,000 quota has expired on May,27th 2006. Presumably, the 20,000 quota will expire sooner than Jan'2007.. maybe in Nov'2006 ? Not sure. But you still have time...

Others... am I not right about this ? Of course provided the applicant has an M.S/Ph.D from a US university