tons of approvals today

There have been a steady flow of approvals since the Memorial Day weekend, looks like the IIOs had a very good long weekend.

Yeah, I hear you... lots of approvals, but as usual ours are not among them,

(today's a bad day)

becky

I am getting nervous. Mostly because CIS does not answer the faxes that me and my lawyer have sent. People getting approvals - nice, but... what is the moron IIO "working" on my case, that's what I'd like to see. He/she must be one lazy s.o.b.

Yeah, true. Where is mine???
02-129. I have been happy recently just to see my Last update dates change!! And CSC already started working on May cases!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at immigrationwatch stats - in my series only 11.x % of cases have been approved. Forgetting all else I think my chances of getting approved in the next few days - as a matter of simple probability seems p..rrrretty low.
Damn !

The approvals show a pretty strong trend that CSC is serious about backlog reduction. If this trend continues for another couple of months, your cases should definitely be out of the blackhole soon. So hold on tight. Somehow this anti-climax seems worse than the actual wait so far huh?

It is a case of so near yet so far! :)

Means squat to me..

There are tons of approval but most of them are all over the dates. This means in spite of being a Feb'02 filer, i have no idea if my file is with some lazy SOB or in some dark, dingy hall filled with tons of files and meany shredders.

INS is in the habit of leaving old stray cases hanging for long time. Thats the most dreadful thought. Damn INS had brought a big pessimist out of me.

These days afraid to quote my reports as some people here think its all
waste of time and misleading. So let me first add the standard disclaimer.

This is just a pure observation. This is a guess not a statement. If you
are a diaper wearing baby please get your Daddy to read this and explain
it to you.

So the observation goes. For every series....so lets say wac 02 129 everyday
there is only one to two approvals, one to two case transfers and one RFE per day. All three can happen on a rare day. This applies to the months of Jan,Feb,March and April.

Every series have about 100-200 cases. Roughly 30% cases are done in each
series. The division is about 15% approved and 15% transferred. Yes. Lot of
cases are getting transferred. Assuming one approval & one transfer per day
your case might take anywhere from 1 day to 6 months to get processed.

Ofcourse that is pure BS but might be useful to some people who are just
waiting for long time to understand why it might take forever for their case
to be processed.

RFEs are still being issued and in some cases status on the web is not being
updated. So all this research is just waste of time.

But using Project Anaconda scanner version 1.1 which now also can run in
a mode where it finds the last updated date on the case I can see some
trend.

I studied my series for quite some time. My observation for my series is that
approvals are pretty random throughout the series but do tend to start from
the start of the series. Slowly they move from the front to the back. For
my series they are mid way. There happen to be about 14 people ahead of
me. So I am expecting my case to be touched in next 15 dates. This does
not mean that there are no approvals after me....there sure are.
Some of the cases before me are not even touched. My only explanation
is that they go EB1 first, Eb2 second and then EB3 last.

Ofcourse all this is pure speculation and none of it is true. You may want to
track your series for like 2 weeks using Project Anaconda version 1.1 to
try and derive some meaningful info for your series.

Hopefully, in few months Rajiv would be able to twist USCIS arm and be
able to get specific information from "horse's mouth" which will be the
ultimate truth. For now we just have this speculation from me.

sorry but the scanner data proves nothing - I had a 2nd finger print issued and an L1 approved 4 and 2 weeks later the online system does not even show these cases as touched let alone a change in status

ins_blog said:
sorry but the scanner data proves nothing - I had a 2nd finger print issued and an L1 approved 4 and 2 weeks later the online system does not even show these cases as touched let alone a change in status
As desi-bartender mentioned quite clearly in his post, For now we just have this speculation from me. Take it for what it is worth. We had a different thread some time back for discussing the validity of the scanner data. So lets not bring the argument back here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Having said that, personally I don't think the scanner data is 100% accurate, but it is DEFINITELY accurate enough to draw trends! Besides it makes sense that INS starts from the top of the series and moves towards the bottom. This also seems to gel with the theory that cases are allocated by lots to officers, hence you see approvals all over the place, while each officer goes through his/her lot. There is some logic to the touch date theory.

So all things considered I think the analysis is spot on! But whether you believe it or not is definitely up to you.