Today is the end of Special Registration Phase IV

U2

Registered Users (C)
Hope and pray to see flood of I-485 approvals in May. BCIS should maximize their concentration & resources in I-485s may be for a month or two. They can clear up 6-7 months of mess in 1-2 months time. Good luck to us all.

God help us

It is good that this deadline has not been extended for a few more days/weeks. I am also awaiting for next week with a lot of anxiousness. Hopefully TSC will start on I485’s again. Praying to God to help us all.

how is this related to approval

I am not the expert... can some one post how this deadline is related to our 485 approvals

Deadline for Special Registration equals to freeing up of resources, which equals to more Immigration officers working on I-485 cases.

All speculation and hope.

Assume special reg ended today, for those people submitted special reg today, TSC needs a couple of more months to clear up those special regs, so resources are not likely being released right away -- just my thought.

I agree.. don't put much stock in the Apr25 theory.
If resources will be needed for verifying these registrations, it will be during and immediately after this deadline ends.

My ears will perk up only when I start seeing some approvals.
I had some hope a few weeks back when we saw a couple of approvals in TSC. But it tapered off..

In the meanwhile guyz, keep posting stuff .. even if it is to let out some frustration.. There's some consolation knowing we're each not alone in this mess ("misery loves company" comes to mind ) :(

Originally posted by TSC Hopeful
Deadline for Special Registration equals to freeing up of resources, which equals to more Immigration officers working on I-485 cases. All speculation and hope.

Unfounded, unfortunately, since special registration takes place at the District Offices, and NOT the Service Centers. You'll see a pickup in interviews, but not for anything at TSC.

Murthy bulletin mentioned that these resources might become available. While your comment is true that the registration occurs at the district offices. The District offices would need the help of service centers in case of people needing more follow up on their cases etc. Apart from TSC, CSC also has a I-485 freeze and CSC has indicated that some adjudicators might be free after this registration process is over.

Having said all these TSC on the positive side. TSC could find other excuses to work on F-1, H-1, I-140 and God knows what else.

Mr. Khanna’s office is planning to send the petition for a reply this week. We will see what response we get for that. If we don’t get a positive response we will have to think of other alternatives to spur TSC