To those who passed the interview

pingz82

Registered Users (C)
Good afternoon!
To anyone who passed the interview, did you bring the two extra photos to the interview as recommended in the interview document check list?
I am having interview tomorrow and just thought that if these photos are really needed since I sent them two already along with the application.
I am just worried if USCIS somehow loses my photos because I only paper clipped the photos to the application.

Any advices?

Thanks!

My suggestion is to take the extra photos. If the extra photos are not needed, you can use them when applying passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon!
To anyone who passed the interview, did you bring the two extra photos to the interview as recommended in the interview document check list?
I am having interview tomorrow and just thought that if these photos are really needed since I sent them two already along with the application.
I am just worried if USCIS somehow loses my photos because I only paper clipped the photos to the application.

Any advices?

Thanks!

Yes I did, it's not necessary, unless you want better picture on your Naturalization Certificate. The Old pictures you have submitted are fine.

Beside the reasons already mentioned .... consider this if USCIS lost the pictures you sent with N-400 ... they will ask you new one and will not (or can not) issue you certificate.

It is good to take and you can always use it on passport later.

Good afternoon!

Any advices?

Thanks!

The reason they recommend bringing extra pictures is in case originals were not of good quality/standard or the remote possibility they are lost. Use your own judgment whether you should bring extra ones based on this.

The day before the interview I was also confused as my letter does not ask for pictures, but somewhere I read it is recommended to bring pictures. I brought pictures, but they were not needed.

If you don't have time for pictures, my suggestion would be--go without and if they have lost your pictures, you just tell them after the interview that you would go to the nearest post office, CVS, etc and would bring the pictures right away not to delay the process. However, if you have time to obtain extra pictures--no harm, and you could be happy that you did.

Considering how much money you have spent already on this journey, extra pair of pictures does not make any difference.

Thanks for the advice!
I just got back from CVS taking my picture.
They have a $2 coupon and I got 6 prints! What a deal! The quality is okay, I guess.
I remember the first one at nearby place I spent $7 for only 2 prints.
Anyway, thanks for the inputs!
And hope tomorrow's interview will be fine!

God bless u all!

I did, too, at Sears. 4 for $20 (ouch) but the picture was superb, as the Sears lady used an Olympus E-3 DSLR camera and side lighting and a Sony image printing system; the Costco guy used a Nikon Coolpix, just built in flash, and a lot less nice paper and printing process. Ultimately, my Naturalization certificate will end up with the Costco pictures as he did not ask me for new pictures and when I offered them he said the current ones are OK.

Word of wisdom from Sears - the Sears lady in Indianapolis wrote the studio's info with Sharpie pen behind one of the four pictures. That may not work for passport or N-400 because you need to add info and sign, so watch out... If you see him/her beginning to write behind the pics, speak out. Also, they did not cut the pictures (I have a pro spec paper cutter at home), so be aware.

Thanks for the advice!
I just got back from CVS taking my picture.
They have a $2 coupon and I got 6 prints! What a deal! The quality is okay, I guess.
I remember the first one at nearby place I spent $7 for only 2 prints.
Anyway, thanks for the inputs!
And hope tomorrow's interview will be fine!

God bless u all!
Now you all set for applying passport with these photos.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, just in case. My photos were not accepted and I didn't bring any with me. But the lady just told to drive two blocks from office, make 2 pictures and bring it. The problem was solved in 45 min.

I took the pictures.
The IO asked why I brought them. When I said the letter mentioned them - he said "that's weird" - I think in jest.
Did not use them.

I have passed my interview today and now will be waiting for the oath letter.
It turned out that I didn't need to give them any pictures. My pictures were put nicely inside a small ziploc-like bag.
The interview alone took only about 15 minutes but the waiting time was taking about more than an hour! I was interviewed by a nice and friendly lady who talked so fast that there was not even a pause during the yes and no questions. And the end, she had me signed for some papers since I requested for a name change.

I didn't sign my name on my photos, is it normal? I noticed some people in this forum signing their names on their photos during interview. Or we could do it at oath?

I have passed my interview today and now will be waiting for the oath letter.
It turned out that I didn't need to give them any pictures. My pictures were put nicely inside a small ziploc-like bag.
The interview alone took only about 15 minutes but the waiting time was taking about more than an hour! I was interviewed by a nice and friendly lady who talked so fast that there was not even a pause during the yes and no questions. And the end, she had me signed for some papers since I requested for a name change.

I didn't sign my name on my photos, is it normal? I noticed some people in this forum signing their names on their photos during interview. Or we could do it at oath?

They'll probably have you sign them at oath instead.

Hi Bob,
I just googled it and they said that the applicants who requested a name change should not sign their photos until after the name change is granted.

What is it like at oath day? Do we all get called our name then come forward to take our certificate?

Hi Bob,
I just googled it and they said that the applicants who requested a name change should not sign their photos until after the name change is granted.

What is it like at oath day? Do we all get called our name then come forward to take our certificate?

You'll hand in your oath letter first, then you'll be directed to an area to take the oath. They'll either give you the oath certificate and have you sign pictures before or after oath ceremony.

I had my interview on July 8 and I brought the extra pictures with me just in case, but the officer used the ones I had sent in with the application. I would recommend you bring them with you regardless. It can't hurt, right? And as some have mentioned here, you would be able to use them for the passport anyway.