To thankful

annaraka

Registered Users (C)
hey thankful,

you mentioned once something about taking clients to their nunc pro tunc interviews. have you had such a case long enough to see it through??? how long after their interviews do they receive their new asylum letters and I-94s??? and how long does it take the asylum offices to transfer those approved cases back for the I-485 processing?

The INS is a crapshoot place. The timeframe varied from a few weeks to like six months. It depends on the diligence of the office, or lack thereof.

You have your officer's direct number, right? I would keep bugging him or her.

thankful
The INS is a crapshoot place.
It's a good way to put it! :D

what status for your case now.???do u receive any approval letter from asylum office?or new 94??or they just transfer that to nsc ???it took about more than a month now?!! :(

i got question is that Case Transfered to Houston Asylum Office 12/07/05

which case do they transfered(485or 589)? in my unterstanding.the case supose gonna be i 589 nunc pro tunc case....(because when any body want apply to asylum and they have to send 589 application to nsc then they transfer to ao.)and finally ao would send decition of n-p-t back to nsc...to complete evidence (approval letter or 94 or denied letter)which is io wanted . then 485 case will processing .....

hope my idea is right <{=....

samual said:

which case do they transfered(485or 589)? in my unterstanding.the case supose gonna be i 589 nunc pro tunc case....(because when any body want apply to asylum and they have to send 589 application to nsc then they transfer to ao.)and finally ao would send decition of n-p-t back to nsc...to complete evidence (approval letter or 94 or denied letter)which is io wanted . then 485 case will processing .....

correct. the entire I-485 case is transfered to the AO. Including the newly submitted I-589. When the n-p-t I-589 gets adjudicated, then the case, in its entirety, is sent back to the service center for further processing of the I-485. At least that was how I understood the process, but my AO is making it sound like he is doing me a favor by having a request submitted for the case file transfer back to the NSC.
And yes, it has been some six weeks since my interview, but no news from the asylum office yet.

annaraka
This is my undestanding, too. Hope you'll get good news soon.

annaraka said:
correct. the entire I-485 case is transfered to the AO. Including the newly submitted I-589. When the n-p-t I-589 gets adjudicated, then the case, in its entirety, is sent back to the service center for further processing of the I-485. At least that was how I understood the process, but my AO is making it sound like he is doing me a favor by having a request submitted for the case file transfer back to the NSC.
And yes, it has been some six weeks since my interview, but no news from the asylum office yet.

Anakara did you see my postings? The officer who interviewed me told me that he has no idea of the status of my GreenCard. He was surprised when I said I have pending I-148 pending. He told me that the two processess are completely different. My understanding was that he had the asylum application transfered but not the greencard application. I asked him if he would transfer back my file back to Nebraska, and he said no. We are two different departments and each one had its own procedures. He clearly said to me that His job was to do the asylum and the interview of the asylum was done. He suggested that the only thing he can do is to send a notice of action to NSC. He said he could do that, but nothing else.

My hopes are now once I recieve the approval letter if I get one, I will send it to NSC and see what they say.

samual said:

Samual is right. That is what I have met. the My 589 was transfered but not the 145. My file had a huge pink paper as cover which read "Especial case NUNC PRO TUCN. The officer who interviewed me Knew what he was doing. My file was very big and he was accessing only selected pages. He did not have I145 in that file and he didn't know anything about it. When told him about the pending I-145 he told me he can send them a notice of action.....

faysal
The officer who interviewed me told me that he has no idea of the status of my GreenCard. He was surprised when I said I have pending I-148 pending.
I think this little bureaucratic rat was lying in your face. ;) He was perfectly aware of the nature of your case and contradicted himself by saying that he would sent the decision notice to the NSC regaridng your case thus admitting his own lies.

Morning said:
faysal
The officer who interviewed me told me that he has no idea of the status of my GreenCard. He was surprised when I said I have pending I-148 pending.
I think this little bureaucratic rat was lying in your face. ;) He was perfectly aware of the nature of your case and contradicted himself by saying that he would sent the decision notice to the NSC regaridng your case thus admitting his own lies.

I don't think he was lying. I made him say something about my greencard case. He knew that the case was Nunc Pro Tunc, but he didn't know about the greencard. He nice guy and I think if had any knowlegde of the it he would have given me. I think all he had was asylum information. I saw the pictures of my divorce wife in the file. One question he asked me was how who is the principal applicant. I said it is me. He said you are not. he said It is your wife. I thought he was asking me about the nunc pro tunc, but actually he was asking me about my origanal grant of asylum. he asked me about her name. I asked him clearly whether he will send my file back nebraska and clearly said no. there is no such a tranfer of file between the departments he said. Each department has its portion of the job and I am done the portion of my job which was the asylum interview. If you want he said I can send a copy of my decision to Nebraska. I think if he had my I-145 he would have said that my file needed to be transfered back to nebraska. Any way I will see what happens after asylum. I will send nebraska the aproval notice if I get one and see what they would have to say...

faysal,

hey, congrats on the conclusion of that step of the process. i am so happy that they asked you to come back in two weeks. it does sound like you will be getting your letter and I-94 then. it has been six weeks for me and still nothing. furthermore, i was asked to mail my I-94, and the ao made it sound like it will be a few days at the most before i get my new I-94; so now i don't even have proof of status.

anyway, i think that your ao is right. it is certainly plausible that only the I-589 is sent for processing there, as my ao had no idea of my I- 485 status either. and he told me the same thing, that this process is completely independent of the I-485. as far as transfering of the files as well; it just sounds more credible that each file stays in its respective jurisdiction, rather than having a central file in one location. there is a central file, but i think that each office that one had dealt with, would have its file on that applicant, and only the judgment or decision would be forwarded to the office awaiting response. am i clear?

Anakara the going back is what is causing the confusion. Here is what happened. My interview was about ten minutes. I had all the information I needed, but at end of the interview He demanded that I bring him an original copy of my divorce judgement. The paper I provided was not enough. At this point my interview was not complete. I asked hime few questions. Do I have to come back no? he said no. He copied my I-94 and returned it to me. Do I need new I-94? he said no. What do I need to do? he said bring me a copy of the divorce and fax it to me within 14 days. Your interview is not complete until I recieve it. what I do here is subject to administrative review; therefore, he said I have to make sure everything is on file. I told him that my divorvce took place an other state and I am full time student and worker and i can't find it within 14 days. he said to my ask extension after that. I left the office disappointed. I went home and called my ex-wife and asked if she had a copy of the divorce judgment. she said she had. I got a copy of it and took it to back to officer. he was busy with asylum interview. I waited him for a while. finally, he came out and gave him the paper. He said now I can complete your interview. He gave me a paper that instructed me to come back within 14 days. I asked him do I have to come back here? He said no. if you come here no body will be here. we are going back to san francicso tomorrow. Why the notice to back? I think it is formality. It like reciept proving the the interview took place. for example, I don't get answer within a reasable time I have a prove that I did the asylum.

Bottom line, I will not get new I-94; my old one is ok. and As I understood it once we get asylum approval when mail the notice to NSC to continue processing the I-145.

I think Anakara what delayed your case is the missing evidence. For example, the I-94. If there is anything missing they won't process the case. and I don't even know why he has to issue you a new I-94. Mine was only photocopied and returned. In any case I don't know how long the IO will keep my asylum application without action...I hope sends one soon....

faysal
Which exactly divorce papers did you submit to them? I mailed them 3 certified copies of the divorce decree, which is about 30 pages long each. And that's the best they are going to get - it is signed by the judge and describes the divorce settlement in every minor detail. If they will ask for any additional documents, I don't really know what else they might be asking for. I have already mailed them three copies of each and every exisiting document that has something to do with the case along with the NPT I-589. We will see. :(

Morning said:
faysal
Which exactly divorce papers did you submit to them? I mailed them 3 certified copies of the divorce decree, which is about 30 pages long each. And that's the best they are going to get - it is signed by the judge and describes the divorce settlement in every minor detail. If they will ask for any additional documents, I don't really know what else they might be asking for. I have already mailed them three copies of each and every exisiting document that has something to do with the case along with the NPT I-589. We will see. :(

That is fine. I didn't submit that document initialy. If you submetted the divorce degree which is more that at least ten pages then that is fine....

faysal
annaraka
Here's what I got from the INS back in February:
Current Status:

On February 9, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SAN FRANCISCO ASYLUM OFC. for processing. Our office in SAN FRANCISCO ASYLUM OFC. will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

It states that I-485 was transferred to SF AO, not I-589 NPT alone. I also find it hard to belive that the interviewing officer is totally unaware of the mechanics of the NPT processing. Hope you'll be getting good news soon.

Morning said:
faysal
annaraka
Here's what I got from the INS back in February:
Current Status:

On February 9, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SAN FRANCISCO ASYLUM OFC. for processing. Our office in SAN FRANCISCO ASYLUM OFC. will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

It states that I-485 was transferred to SF AO, not I-589 NPT alone. I also find it hard to belive that the interviewing officer is totally unaware of the mechanics of the NPT processing. Hope you'll be getting good news soon.

Morning, For your first entry that is the standard procedure. That is what I have recieved. The language they are using and the practice is completely different. In my understanding what they transfered in the asylum application, as they would do to any new asylum case.
I believe that the officer does not know about it. You know we do a lot research on the issue because we are concerned about it. The AO knows the portion of his job, to do the interviewing of the asylum and to adjudicate it. He doesn't care about npt as this is not his job. Also, in many cases people would apply npt without the nebraska service having them it. they know they need to do and they apply for it. so ao does not whose npt has greencard pending who has not applied it in the first place.....