To thankful

annaraka

Registered Users (C)
Hey thankful, :( :( :( :(

I got my LSAT score e-mailed to me today :( :mad: :( :mad:

I scored 12 points lower than on all of my practice tests. I am so sad, I don't want to go to tier 3 or 4. I guess I will have to retake it again in December, and I know that they take the average score. :eek: :(
But you know, the funny thing is that I sucked on the reading comp, and kicked ass on logical reasoning. I could have done better on the games, but I was running out of time, and I could not hold without going to the bathroom!!!!!!!!! I feel like crying now.

Anyway, just to keep you posted. Thanks for all.

AR

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I would suggest taking a prep course from Kaplan or the like. Most people find it to be helpful. And Kaplan offers discount to people with documented financial need.

thankful said:
Hi,

I would suggest taking a prep course from Kaplan or the like. Most people find it to be helpful. And Kaplan offers discount to people with documented financial need.

I took the course. It was a complete waste of my time and MONEY. I did much better once I started studying on my own. But this score, I never got, not even on my worst practice test; not even on the very first diagnostic LSAT. What went wrong?!!!

Still, like I said, I tend to panick, I could probably still get into NYLS or Hofstra, but I expected a higher score, at least like on my practice tests (although I wasn't happy with those either). So I am still retaking it in December, and perhaps I can get the average into 160.

annaraka said:
I took the course. It was a complete waste of my time and MONEY. I did much better once I started studying on my own. But this score, I never got, not even on my worst practice test; not even on the very first diagnostic LSAT. What went wrong?!!!

Still, like I said, I tend to panick, I could probably still get into NYLS or Hofstra, but I expected a higher score, at least like on my practice tests (although I wasn't happy with those either). So I am still retaking it in December, and perhaps I can get the average into 160.

Check the fine prints of your Kaplan enrollment form. As I recall you could receive a partial refund or something like that if your actual score was lower than the first you got on the diagnostic exam.

Do not expect the Kaplan teacher to do wonders for you. He or she is probably just a kid who took the test, did well and needed some extra cash. I taugh for Kaplan for a few months too. I do not believe that my lectures did much for my students.

However Kaplan students have access to great resources. Your local Kaplan center has expertly prepared answer explanations for all released LSAT exams since 1991. The best way to study is to take these tests under timed conditions and then carefully read the explanations. This strategy, which is admittedly very time consuming, helped me a LOT. My first practice score was around the the 90th percentile and I brought it up to a level competitive for Columbia.

thankful is just a disgusting LIAR and pathetic LOSER.

annaraka:

Please don't tell me that you are so gullible that you actually believe some lowlife LOSER like thankful ever took LSAT and actually went to some law school!!! Columbia??? Come on! What a joke! thankful is so pathetic a LOSER that he actually believes in his own lies! Do you really take the words on this forum so seriously? You can write whatever you want. You could allege that your LSAT score was around the the 100th percentile without any practice/preparation and you have been accepted by ALL the top-10 law schools! But does that make your statement true??? Come on! Only stupid suckers like jw1951 and hampton8844 will believe in thankful's laughable lies! Next time, the disgusting liar thankful will declare himself/herself as center of Universe and it was him/her who single-handedly created Harvard and Yale! Do you believe that too? Please, don't be so naive.

thankful said:
Check the fine prints of your Kaplan enrollment form. As I recall you could receive a partial refund or something like that if your actual score was lower than the first you got on the diagnostic exam.

Do not expect the Kaplan teacher to do wonders for you. He or she is probably just a kid who took the test, did well and needed some extra cash. I taugh for Kaplan for a few months too. I do not believe that my lectures did much for my students.

However Kaplan students have access to great resources. Your local Kaplan center has expertly prepared answer explanations for all released LSAT exams since 1991. The best way to study is to take these tests under timed conditions and then carefully read the explanations. This strategy, which is admittedly very time consuming, helped me a LOT. My first practice score was around the the 90th percentile and I brought it up to a level competitive for Columbia.

Hey thankful,

Ok I have made a final decision. I am getting my Masters in Political Science before going on to law school. It will give me some more time to study for the LSAT, and I wanted a graduate degree anyway. :D :D :D

I think this is best, since my current LSAT will not get me into T1. I have started completing my application for Masters at UT Arlington, in Texas.

Happy again. :) :) :)

annaraka said:
Hey thankful,

Ok I have made a final decision. I am getting my Masters in Political Science before going on to law school. It will give me some more time to study for the LSAT, and I wanted a graduate degree anyway. :D :D :D

I think this is best, since my current LSAT will not get me into T1. I have started completing my application for Masters at UT Arlington, in Texas.

Happy again. :) :) :)

best of luck to you!!!! Many law students have earned graduate degrees before embarking on their JD studies.