To Submit or Not To Submit (I-94)

GCCovet

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am in real dilemma. I will be driving to Canada for stamping (from USA). I am an Indian Citizen on H1 currently on 8th year ext.

At the PoE (Point of Entry i.e. Border) do I need to surrender my current I-94 (the one which I got with I-797A?).
I have heard Yes and No from friends and read somewhere in forum. Hence, I am very much confused.

If I surrender my I-94, once I come back in US, at PoE would they allocate me a new I-94?

What should I do?

I would appreciate any input from experienced people.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

GCCovet

Friends,

I am in real dilemma. I will be driving to Canada for stamping (from USA). I am an Indian Citizen on H1 currently on 8th year ext.

At the PoE (Point of Entry i.e. Border) do I need to surrender my current I-94 (the one which I got with I-797A?).
------------- when you enter Canada they dont ask your I-94
I have heard Yes and No from friends and read somewhere in forum. Hence, I am very much confused.

If I surrender my I-94, once I come back in US, at PoE would they allocate me a new I-94?
------------ if you give your I-94 to Canada immigration(keep copy of I-94 front and back for your records) they will take it and will send to US immigration border post. once you get visa stamping in Canada you can show the valid visa in passport and they will give you new White I-94(they charge 5 or 6$)

What should I do?
------------ it is better to give but Canada immigration is not going to ask for it if you give your exit is recorded and when enter US you can get I-94 till Visa validity.
I would appreciate any input from experienced people.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

GCCovet
-----------