To get married or apply for fiancé visa?

CAHope

Registered Users (C)
Friend of mine recently got engaged. He is USC, and his fiancé is foreigner. They want to get married and live in US.

What is the best way for him to bring her in US? Is it better to go and marry fiancé in her country and then start immigration process at US consulate or to apply for fiancé visa, so she come and get married in US?

What way will be fastest for them to be together and for her to obtain green card?

Fiance` visa is the best way!

What way will be fastest for them to be together and for her to obtain green card?

Ask your US citizen friend to file in the I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance` with the USCIS. Once this gets approved, the fiance` can enter the US. They will have 90 days within which the intended marriage should take place. So get your friend to make all the wedding plans forehand and then bring the fiance`in. Once they are married, they can start the application process for becoming a permanent resident. Also the fiance` can file in Form I- 765, which is the Application for Employment Authorization.

im in the same situation. i am a usc and i am engaged to a japanese woman and im trying to figure out what paperwork i need. i was told the I-129f then when i was looking through the paperwork it was saying something about me needing to fill out the I-130 but i looked through that and i need to be married before i can file that one out. so which one do i need to fill out first?

If you're not married yet you only need I-129F at the beginning, and the I-130 would be later in the process, after the fiancee visa is approved and you get married in the US.

If you get married first, you would directly file I-130 to initiate the process, but it would take a longer time to bring your spouse to the US.