To Blackhack21, fjaffery, florida68, houston485, txgcslave

davh,

The IIO that I spoke with put me on hold for about couple of minutes and came back with that answer.

Also, when I argued that my time (05/08/01) is up which is past 06/13/01 she implicitly agreed on it. That means to all of you who think that they are working of the notice date think again. I believe they are working of the receipt date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really busy on Friday so I didn't get a chance to talk to my lawyer. The 60-day rule is from the description above the official processing time table, not from my lawyer. You guys can take a look at it and let me know what you think.

Interesting

I think we should use this text when we contact the CIS when the 60 days is up, otherwise they give a standard excuse of your ND is not arrived yet so please wait.

Also we should give this text to our lawyers so that they can also follow up.

any of you from special registration

Any of you from special registration countries. I am not. I am from India. There seems to be some theories floating around that folks from special registration countries are getting delayed. Just wanted to check. Please reply.

Davh,

I confirm your theory. I am from a special registration country. I think my case is one of the oldest in this forum. We have to clear IBIS other than clearing security checks from the FBI.

Just Called NSCS , the lady told me they can start to send inqury after 60 days since tsc received the ref response.
so wait another 30 days for me.
so, if your reponse has been received by TSC for more than 60 days, you can start call NSCS to push them

Do something better than nothing.

davh

I'm not from any special registration country, just stuck with a "not moving" officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you ND before 7/13

Do any of you folks have a ND prior to 7/13. Please post.

If yes then after the CIS website is updated you can call the congressional office or senator office to ask them to look at your case (that is the reply I got from my TX) senator's office and they will do so.

Davh, could you please post the contact information (email, phone# or fax#) of local senator and congressman? I'm living in Dallas, Texas. Which ones should I contact? Do you have a sample letter? Thanks.

Go to http://www.house.gov/writerep/ and enter you zip code etc. to find your congessperson. Use google to search and go to the congressman's website and find out the phone number. It is better to call so that you can get a quick response.

The two senators of Texas are Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Conrnyn. You can use google again to go to their website and find out about their contact information. In fact both the senator's offices which can contact the CIS are in Dallas so perhaps you can physically go there and mention about your problem.

BTW what is your ND?

My theory is that this officer has left the job (so our files are just waiting on the desk) or has been transferred to work on other stuff.

If we keep nagging CIS using all these different avenues I am sure one of us will trigger a supervisor to go look at the issue, find the pile and then re-assign it to some other officer for approval.

Guys,

I was talking to a very unhelpful lady at the congressman office. I tried to explained to her about officer 16. She said to get her SRC numbers and then she will follow up on my claim. Otherwise, she can't help with this issue. i think she woke up at the wrong side of the bed.

That led me to think. What if you all get together on a private conversation to share our SRC numbers and draw a letter/petition to Evelyn Upchurch with the problem that we are facing with officer 016.

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

PS: I just called CIS and had another inquiry made on my case. I still have not heard from the previous inquiry made. How long will it take?

I totally agree with you. Without making noise we will be sitting here for ages. Remember the time when we did not get fingerprints and folks in this forum sent a petition “Evelyn Upchurch” and that woke them up to that problem.

Here is a brief format of a letter (we can expand later) we should create and fax it to the TSC attention:

To: TSC Director

Sub: Reply for RFE pending

Got RFE, replied back, no replies blah blah blah.

Please use our personal information as our signatures.

Name
Contact info.
SRC number

Signed
Xxxx
Representing the folks who have this issue
Contact info.
SRC number

Tsgcslave I am sending you a PM with my email address. We should start acting now.

RD - 05/02/01
ND - 06/06/01

Let me know if you all decide to draft the letter and I will be willing to put mine and my wife's SRCs on that.

Fjaffery

The CIS customer service would say that you have to wait 30 days past your ND before they can act but your congressman can act before that so as soon as they update the date on the Web you should call the congressoffice and tell them your story and ask them to hunt your case down. They will do it.

I will take a stab at the letter and will invite comments from you folks

Letter

Action Items.
1) Go over this letter and finalize by tomorrow.
2) Everyone who wants to participate in this please send me a private message with the details and your email address so that we can form a group and discuss these before faxing.
3) Fax this to TSC on Monday (Need an owner for this).
Reason: I do not have an easy access to the fax machine. Does anyone else have a good access to a fax machine.

I don't want TSC jumping into other priorities and forget about us. We have to act while they are still having officers working on 485.

Dear Ms. Evelyn Upchurch Date:
TSC Director

Sub: Please expedite. No response for our response to the Request for Evidence sent.

Dear Madame:

I along with other folks who have signed this letter were sent Request for Evidence by officer #16 at the TSC. Our response back to the RFE was received by TSC dates ranging from early to late Feb. More than 6 weeks has passed by on some of the older cases and we have not received any additional responses/adjudications by TSC.

We have noticed in the immigrationportal.com forum that several folks who have replied back to their RFE’s even in early March have got their approvals. This leads us to believe that our paperwork might have been stuck in some place and no one is looking at our RFE replies.

In speaking with your Customer Service Reps we were informed that we can fax a letter to you mentioning this problem.

Attached are the individuals who got their RFE’s from the above mentioned officer and who have not been adjudicated as of March 18, 2004. We would appreciate your expedited attention to this matter to process our cases.

Please use the personal information submitted along with this letter as our signatures for this request.

Sincerely

Xxxx
Case number: SRC:
Name, Address, Phone
RFE response logged by TSC date

Other individuals who have received RFE’s from the same officer.
1) Case number: SRC:
Name, Address, Phone

2) Case number: SRC:
Name, Address, Phone

Thanks davh. My RD is 06/01 and ND is 07/01. I will contact them after they update the official processing time. Can I contact both the senator and congressman? Sending a letter to the director of TSC is good idea. I'm all for it.

I just went to TSC's website and saw they are only taking direct inquiries of premiun filing cases. So if we send something to the director, it will probably be just ignored. Since my RD is 06/01, I will call the 800 number and contact local senator/congressman once the processing date of 07/01 is official. Maybe this is the best way to pressure them if we can all chip in.