• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

To be J1/J2 visa holder, J2 DV2008 lottery winner CN EU87XX

I received a full tuition scholarship to a business summer school/internship sponsored by US DOS and the university where I'm going to study (it's 50%-50% I think).
will the internship be on-campus?

if your country doesn't have a skills list, or if it does, but your profession is not on it, then you could still get J-1, if you steer clear of US or your own govt financing or medical field.

If I have applied for GC, I can still apply for other visas and go to the US while I'm waiting for GC, is that correct?
if you can prove to the consular and immigration officer that you will come back to finish consular processing - yes. I have heard of people who got non-immigrant visas while their DV visas were pending.

I have a question on sth, but I dont wanna create new thread...

I read above, that could be problem with getting nonimmigrant visas while you're applying for a GC.
I don't intend visiting US until I have my GC home in Europe:) By the way:

1. There is a question on the form DS-156 asking: "Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?" If I applied for a B2 visa, I would ask yes if I sent documents back to the KCC, right?

2. Say, I am permanent resident nowadays. I will somehow abandon my permanent resident status (in the future I may want to return home) and later I will be filling DS-156 in order to visit USA as a nonimmigrant. I will answer yes on the question. May this fact deny me from entering the US either on embassy or the airport?

3. Say, I am permanent resident nowadays. I live in the US and my parents or brother want to visit me. None of them has GC. They'll apply for nonimmigrant visa and fill that I am permanent resident on the form DS-156. Could they be in a setback while entering US?

If I applied for a B2 visa, I would ask yes if I sent documents back to the KCC, right?
yes, you would answer "yes", if you have already submitted your DS-230 forms.

I will answer yes on the question. May this fact deny me from entering the US either on embassy or the airport?
yes, you would answer "yes". However, if you formally surrender your GC at the US consulate abroad, then you shouldn't have a problem with getting non-immigrant visas for a while.

Could they be in a setback while entering US?
it could be a setback.

yes, you would answer "yes", if you have already submitted your DS-230 forms.

yes, you would answer "yes". However, if you formally surrender your GC at the US consulate abroad, then you shouldn't have a problem with getting non-immigrant visas for a while.

Oh thank you! "For a while" you mean, that as before I would need to show them my ties to the Europe later, right?

that would just mean that you don't have immigrant intent, and that should work for a while. How long this "while" is I can only guess.