Tn visa request info for i-192

aatish231

Registered Users (C)
I am working for a consulting company valid tn from consulting company

The client i am with is filing a petition to request TN for me as they want to hire me directly.

I just got this i-129 form which states New employment? Shouldn't this be New concurrent employment?

If its concurrent then do i need something under line 3?
Provide the most recent petition/application receipt number for beneficiary?
If so what is this??

Thank you so much in advance

If you are still going to work for the other consulting company, then yes, the option should be "new concurrent employment". Otherwise, the risk is that your current TN will be invalidated.

If you are simply moving to this new arrangement and dropping the consulting firm, then it is "Change in employer".
Strictly speaking, "New employment" is for one who is not in a current work status.

Have you ever filed an I-129 before? If not, then write NA, just like the line state. If you have, then write in that petition number.

This really shouldn't be tripping you up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson i will be porting from one TN to other, my problem is that if they said change of employer and if its denied would it effect my current TN? That's why i wanted to say concurrent .

On another note i heard from someone that you normally get 2x3=6 years TN from USCIS and then probably get refused? Is their any validity to this?

thanks for all your help

oops let me rephrase
The reason why i am doing concurrent is because it might take a week or two before i port over to the other employer
my question is
1) if i did concurrent and for whatever reason refused would this have any effect on my current TN
2)if i did change of employer and for whatever reason refused would this have any effecf on my current Tn
3) I heard that normally USCIS would approve TN for 6 years and after that they will deny is their any validity to this?
Thanks

1) No. Concurrent means at the same time as your current TN, which is unaffected.
2) Yes. Read my previous answer.
3) this is absolutely false.

You need to get your terms straight. You are not porting. You are transitioning from one job to another, and will need authorization to work concurrently at both firms. That is concurrent employment.

Thanks Nelson if i am transitioning from one employer to another i should still put concurrent right? It might take a week or two before i transition from current to new employer?
Thanks

Can I transfer my cancelled H1B to other employeer

Hi Sir,

I am new to this forum I just want to know if there is any possibility to transfer cancelled h1b visa to other employer.

Here is my case,

I am working with some A organization in India, my organization processed a h1b visa for me and It's got approved.
Due to some personal reasons I came out from A organization and joined to some B organization. I never traveled to USA and I just have receipt number.

Please let me know what can i do in this case, I don't even know the exact status of my h1b in uscis site it's showing Post Decision Activity - approved.

Please let me know can i transfer my h1b to other employer if in case A organization cancelled my visa.

This a a TN forum, and you have hi-jacked someone else's thread. Please ask your queaetion elsewhere.