TN visa renewal after labour certification application

gtrekker2003

Recently, my labour certification application was approved. Afterwards, I ended up resigning from the company. So, now, I am no longer going for the green card. However, I am wondering if I am at risk of having the TN visa denied when applying for renewal? Also, would it be better to do this via mail or at the border?

Please advise.
Thanks!

A filed labor does not explicitely prove immigrant intent, you should not have any problems with your TN in the future.

Only an I-485 proves immigrant intent.

Thanks

Thanks, Curious George!

I am so relieved to hear this. I've been a nervous wreck for days worrying about this.

Would this come up on the INS officer's computer system? I.e. that a PERM/labour certification application was filed on my behalf? And if it does, is there anything to say to protect myself? I thought I'd take in my work resignation papers. I'm no longer working for that agency.

Thanks again for the advice.

gtrekker2003

Would this come up on the INS officer's computer system? I.e. that a PERM/labour certification application was filed on my behalf?

-- YES

And if it does, is there anything to say to protect myself? I thought I'd take in my work resignation papers. I'm no longer working for that agency.

-- As the previous post says, this will not be the reason for the visa refusal. You can carry the resignation papers with you if you want. But I do not think they will ask about it.

Read this if this gives you any comfort:

I had 3 TNs with an I-140 approved from a previous employer. I was not asked about it even once.

gtrekker2003 said:
Would this come up on the INS officer's computer system? I.e. that a PERM/labour certification application was filed on my behalf?

No, since it's not a USCIS or CBP filing; it's with the Department of Labor.

Help please!!! TN-1 renew after I-140 file

My LC approved last week, and I am wondering what should I do?
If I file I-140 now and I will go to border to renew my TN, Am I going to get approved or denied?
Should I hold on to my LC now?