TN Visa - proving ties in Canada

arun2681

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

How strict are the officials at the border for TN visa applicants as regards proving non-immigration intent ?

If a person has no house or job in Canada, How can he prove that he has ties in Canada in support of his non-immigration intent ? Can he provide proof of ties in another country where he has citizenship rights (other than US and Canada)

Can anyone please share their experiences/thoughts on this matter ?

Thanks,

Hi,

How strict are the officials at the border for TN visa applicants as regards proving non-immigration intent ?

If a person has no house or job in Canada, How can he prove that he has ties in Canada in support of his non-immigration intent ? Can he provide proof of ties in another country where he has citizenship rights (other than US and Canada)

Can anyone please share their experiences/thoughts on this matter ?

Thanks,

It depends on the officer at the border. I was not asked anything about my cdn ties when I applied for my TN at the border.

They should not, as there is absolutely NO requirement to have any residentail ties anywhere outside US to get and maintain a TN.

That said, some surly officer may just not want to let you in, and may use this as his line of defense.

IMHO: If you have express the immigration intension in the past then probably you need to show strong residential ties in Canada or somewhere else.