TN visa holder's spouse not a canadian citizen

She has got B1/B2 visa stamped on her passport valid up to 2026 which is why I was telling previously that she might enter on B1/B2 and later when TD appointment is available then she can get TD at consulate either in Canada or US.

Yes I know you stated she currently has a B1/B2 visa stamp. My post was in response to this:

Thanks Nelsona.

How about asking @ Calgary airport preclearance and ask them if non Canadian residents will get TD

She cannot be admitted on a TD status by presenting a B1/B2 visa stamp even if her Canadian spouse and son are coming in on TN/TD.

Edmonta, your wife will only be let in on B2 -- as I stated now 2 months ago -- only if she can prove she is eligible for B2, which is -- as for every tourist -- well documented proof of maintaining a full-fledged residence abroad (lease/utilities bill, etc) and reasonable assurance that she will leave in six months. If she can do this, she will get in on B2. Nothing else counts or matters with respect to the rest of the family.

Now, once in US, she could apply to change to TD by filing I-539. Once approved, she could then use the TD approval and her old B1/B2 visa to travel freely to/from Canada. I-539s are notoriously slow at being approved.

Edmonta, your wife will only be let in on B2 -- as I stated now 2 months ago -- only if she can prove she is eligible for B2, which is -- as for every tourist -- well documented proof of maintaining a full-fledged residence abroad (lease/utilities bill, etc) and reasonable assurance that she will leave in six months. If she can do this, she will get in on B2. Nothing else counts or matters with respect to the rest of the family.

Now, once in US, she could apply to change to TD by filing I-539. Once approved, she could then use the TD approval and her old B1/B2 visa to travel freely to/from Canada. I-539s are notoriously slow at being approved.

Thanks Nelsona.

I would probably wait for citizenship oath for my wife then. I have sent Canadian immigration a detailed email (case specific inquiry )stating that wife needs citizenship based on my work status in USA.I have seen in the past CIC considers request most of the time if the person has legitimate reason for citizenship.(Wife has passed Canadian citizenship test in January 2020 but still waiting for oath!!)
If not then we'll try on B1/B2 in couple months.

Thanks,