TN Visa from Toronto International Airport

IP_ssh

I read posts with great interest.
Could you guys please clarify about the followings?

1. Where to find the DESCRIPTION of TN Visa occupation list that the CBP officer has while verifying the job description written in my TN Visa support letter?
2. How can I pass the security without having a Boarding pass, as I have to print out the Boarding Pass in the initial phase?
3. Can I just go to the airport and apply for a TN Visa and come back home and fly to the US other days?

Thanks

1. Your degree and job offered defines the TN occupation
2 and 3. You cannot just go to the airport to get the status (not Visa for Canadians). You have to be requesting entry into the US and have to take your flight

My job name and TN Visa occupation list name does not match, but the functions are similar. What do you think if that will be accepted by the NAFTA Officer?

If due to some reasons I am denied TN Visa, my airticket will be cancelled and I will lose money. Is there any way to prevent this?

I am planning to take my family (son and wife) with me later, should I mention about them while applying for TN Visa for myself only?

Thanks

We will need more details about your degree + job offered etc. Before we can comment.

Yes if TN is denied, entry into the US won't be allowed. You could always go to a land POE first close to Toronto.

Ideally, your TN letter should say specifically what TN category you are applying under, regardless of the company's internal job title, which is irrelevant. The descriptions for each category are in the DOL OOH, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/ and the job description in the letter should general match up with that. Then, your degree should be closely related to that TN category.

I read posts with great interest.
Could you guys please clarify about the followings?

1. Where to find the DESCRIPTION of TN Visa occupation list that the CBP officer has while verifying the job description written in my TN Visa support letter?
2. How can I pass the security without having a Boarding pass, as I have to print out the Boarding Pass in the initial phase?
3. Can I just go to the airport and apply for a TN Visa and come back home and fly to the US other days?

Thanks

1. It’s your job title, compare with TN occupation list

2. You need to have a real boarding pass, if you aren’t flying out that day then you can’t get to US immigration.

3. There’s usually a wait time at Pearson. You could go back home if you miss your flight but be there at least 3 hours before flight time and you should be good.

I was sent back and also missed my flight the first time I tried for TN. Reasons : I didn’t have my original degree certificate and my original offer letter. Please find the checklist attached.DFB76C77-D50C-4BEF-A46D-88CBDE9F43A9.png