TN Visa for Accounting

Thunderhawk42

I’m a new Canadian and I have a job offer from the US for a cost accountant position and I have three year undergraduate degree from India in bachelors of commerce in Finance. I got my education evaluated by WES and they have stated that my education is equivalent to US bachelors degree. Can you please let me know if this would work to get a TN visa approved? Please advise and thank you!

Have you done any research? The educational requirements are as follows.
Accountant (baccalaureate, CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA)
Since you don't have a degree in accounting, or any of the othr certifications, you will need to demonstrate that your commerce degree is "closely related" to an accounting degree.

Only you and the officer can negotiate that. No point anyone else giving you an opinion on that.

I’m a new Canadian and I have a job offer from the US for a cost accountant position and I have three year undergraduate degree from India in bachelors of commerce in Finance. I got my education evaluated by WES and they have stated that my education is equivalent to US bachelors degree. Can you please let me know if this would work to get a TN visa approved? Please advise and thank you!
Hi Experts,

Could you get a TN Visa? I'm a Canadian citizen having 10 years of experience in SAP FICO in Canada. Now Planning to work in the USA with a TN visa. I did my three years B.Com. - major in cost accounting from India and an MS in Information Systems Technology - major in information assurance from the USA. Can you please guide me on whether my qualifications are enough for a TN visa and what is the right category for which I could apply for my TN visa?

Hi, I appreciate your prompt response.

I am currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Information Systems Technology, and I bring with me ten years of experience in SAP FICO, including five years at IBM Canada. Recently, I became aware through discussions with colleagues that my qualifications may not precisely align with the requirements for a TN visa.

While I am confident in my ability to secure a job offer and successfully navigate interviews, I seek guidance on fulfilling the necessary prerequisites at the U.S. border for obtaining a TN Visa. Specifically, I hold a three-year Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from India, and I am soon to complete my Master’s program in IST in the United States.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you can provide regarding the TN visa process. Your expertise would be invaluable as I prepare for this important step in my career.

and WES has evaluated my 3-year B.com. as equivalency with a US Bachelor's degree. And gave a 2.81 GPA for my total undergraduate credits of 120.

Have you done any research? The educational requirements are as follows.
Accountant (baccalaureate, CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA)
Since you don't have a degree in accounting, or any of the othr certifications, you will need to demonstrate that your commerce degree is "closely related" to an accounting degree.

Only you and the officer can negotiate that. No point anyone else giving you an opinion on that.

and WES has evaluated my 3-year B.com. as equivalency with a US Bachelor's degree. And gave a 2.81 GPA for my total undergraduate credits of 120.

Looks like this situation was addressed as well as any layman can.

You'll have to make the case to the officer & cross your fingers he likes what you have to say.