TN Visa application for Software Engineer Contractor

internet

Background
- I'm currently w2 employee on TN Visa working in the US, job A
- I have a new opportunity to do a 6 month contract for a US-based company, job B. The company is aware that I will need to obtain a TN Visa and is willing to provide a sponsor support letter. To be clear, I would be working directly for the client as an independent contractor, paid 1099.
- I plan to resign at job A. After my notice period is complete, fly back to Canada to obtain a new TN Visa at an airport port of entry for job B.

Since the application decision will be made by a CBP agent who is most familiar with TN Visa applications for w2 employment, I want to make my application for my contractual employment as straightforward as possible. I'd like to avoid having to explain and cite the difference between self-employment and self-sponsorship to a CBP agent. Or worse, having my application outright rejected due to a misunderstanding.

Questions
1. Does this support letter opening sentence explain the sponsorship relationship sufficiently?
This letter is offered in support of the application by <me> for a TN nonimmigrant visa pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement. <US-based company> wishes to temporarily engage <me> in the NAFTA profession of Engineer (listed in NAFTA Chapter 16, Annex 1603, Appendix 1603.D.1) for a period of 6 months beginning on <start date> and ending on <end date>.
2. Should I include the signed contract in my application as supporting documentation? Notably, the contract includes i) the length of the contract, ii) a "the consultant is an independent contractor and not an employee" clause, iii) a description of consulting services (consultant will contribute as a full-stack software engineer, etc.), and iv) compensation for services.
3. Any other tips for how best to communicate the sponsorship relationship in my application?

>>Since the application decision will be made by a CBP agent who is most familiar with TN Visa applications for w2 employment
They are familiar with the "TN", period: does not matter if it is 1099 or W2.

#1 is good enough
#2. Do not include any paperwork (e.g. contract or the "other" offer letter) other than the TN letter and the relevant diploma
#3. No need to explain anything that is not asked.

Thanks for your quick response, bigboy00.

#2. Do not include any paperwork (e.g. contract or the "other" offer letter) other than the TN letter and the relevant diploma
Noted.