TN Transfer

madhubala

Registered Users (C)
Hi RC,
I need suggestion from you. You helped me before also. I am working on TN visa and I am finishing my project in 2 weeks. My TN visa is valied for 9 months. I got another good offer from another company. That employer is telling I need not to go to the border to get another TN visa. He is telling I can work on the same visa. I can change the job with this visa whenever I cross the border I have to show the current employers details to the border people and then I can get new Visa. Is that true? Or Can I change the job and apply for TN transfer through mail? Tell me the options please!!!

Thanks In Advance,
Madhu

It is not a transfer when you file the I-129 to change TN employers. It is applying for another TN with the new employer. Or it revises your TN to say you are working for more then one Employer. It is not a transfer in the sense of an H-1B transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
grunggy said:
It is not a transfer when you file the I-129 to change TN employers. It is applying for another TN with the new employer. Or it revises your TN to say you are working for more then one Employer. It is not a transfer in the sense of an H-1B transfer.

Actually, H-1Bs work in the same way.