TN Renewal for same company denied.

viajero

Registered Users (C)
Team,

I took a flight to Mexico City to do my TN visa renewal and was denied. It seems that my job letter did not convinced to consul. This is my third year working for same company in same position.

I returned to USA to request to my company another job letter more detailed about my position, duties, etc. using my B2 visa. The officer at airport told me that technically I am not allowed to work in USA and I need to be careful.

My questions are:

1) To fill out form DS160, this is a renewal or it is considered a new application?
2) Is there any time frame to reapply for visa or I have the 6 months stamped on my passport. During the future interview the question If you are not allowed to work, What you did 6 months in US? could come out...

Any feedback/advise about this issue, will be highly appreciated, this is the first time in 5 years that happened to me, I am concerned about it and I want to take the best decisions here.

thanks...

note you entered the US under B2 status, so you must stop working ASAP. you cannot take vacation, your employer must stop paying you.
discuss the next steps with your company lawyer/law firm.

He could take vacation pay if he has days left. No restriction on this, since he is not working. He is in B2 status however.

Yes,,I am at PTO now (Payed time off) and preparing my visa renewel.

I am just to get my new appointment at US embassy at Mexico city.....