TN I 129

ITguy75

hi

My TN petition I-129 is approved .
There was a RFE to provide degree and experience letters, then approved.

Once I receive the approved petition, I am planning to go for I-94 stamping.
What documents I need to carry other than approved petition and offer letter?

Should I go to the peace bridge or fly through airport.

I assume you are in Canada? No need to make a special trip for "stamping" as you call it. You can simply cross on your way to work the first time.

But, if you insist on making this trip, then bring your complete submission, with the info from the RFE (which should have been submitted with the initial I-129 btw).

Yes I am from Canada
The reason I was planning to go for stamping was
, just wanted to sure they give me I 94. I heard they
Trouble even after approved petition.

I had gone last week for company meeting last week
, they gave me B1 visa. I hoping it should be smooth as this TN is through another company

I wanted to leave my present job once I had i94 stamped

Can they still deny even after approved petition.?

I assumed you were from Canada, what I was asking is if you were IN Canada as opposed to currently in US.

That is the problem with submitting an I-129 from outside US for TN. In the past this was not permitted, so you would show up at the border apply for TN and prove admissibility in one shot. It is still the preferred way, imo.

CBP jealously guards its right to review TNs (they can't review other statuses obtained by I-129, such as H1-B) and is quite free to ask you to, in effect, reapply for your TN when you first enter, making the I-129 somewhat of a waste of time and money. Besides, the applicant could be otherwise inadmissible, which is not determined in the I-129 process (you don't face this worry since you recently entered US).

And it is always a good idea to get the I-94 before quitting your old job. This would also apply when switching TN jobs.

Thanks for the advice
Will get the i94 and then leave my job

My TN petition was approved on 3-may-2017 at Vermont processing Center .my employer office is in
Maryland. So far they have not received the approved petition.

My TN was processed in premium processing.
Is this delay normal?

I assumed you were from Canada, what I was asking is if you were IN Canada as opposed to currently in US.

That is the problem with submitting an I-129 from outside US for TN. In the past this was not permitted, so you would show up at the border apply for TN and prove admissibility in one shot. It is still the preferred way, imo.

CBP jealously guards its right to review TNs (they can't review other statuses obtained by I-129, such as H1-B) and is quite free to ask you to, in effect, reapply for your TN when you first enter, making the I-129 somewhat of a waste of time and money. Besides, the applicant could be otherwise inadmissible, which is not determined in the I-129 process (you don't face this worry since you recently entered US).

And it is always a good idea to get the I-94 before quitting your old job. This would also apply when switching TN jobs.

That doesn't relly matter. With your case number the border will be able to look it up and give you I-94 when you cross. That is what your firm needs. Remember, the vast majority of TNs are simply granted at border without I-129, so the firm doesn't need this to put you to work.

Thanks Nelsona
I did get my TN petition.
I am planning to fly from Pearson.

Any idea which will be easier Pearson or drive
Through Peace bridge. I mean smooth ?

Thanks
I got my offer letter on 6-march-2017,
In which it was mentioned joined no later than
22-march-2017. They applied for TN with uscis
On 22-march.should I ask for new offer letter as the start date is old?

No. You have an approved I129. You can't just modify it. Present what you got, even if it costs you a couple of months of TN down the road. The chances that you will work there 3 years is minimal, and even if you do, you will be applying early for your next TN.
Time to stop asking questions and get to your job.

My i797b has occ 050 which is economist.My employer had applied for Computer System Analyst.
Can this be a mistake my USCIS?

.. and this changes my advice how? But I do hope that readers are getting the idea that having a firm apply for initial TN by mail when you are outside US is a complete waste of time. You could have been working 2 months ago.

Last edited:
Sorry ,did not get what do you mean "You are at risk of losing your job."

This is my first TN1 visa, when i go to the airport they check my petition and my experience a Computer professional. Petition Letter states Computer System analyst and I-797B states occ50 economist. They will turn me back, right?

no they wont...i think thats what nelsona is trying to say....

you are approved...they will just issue you i94 and you will be on your way to your job....

The risk of losing your job comes from your employer. they were ready to hire you in march, and expedited your I-129. They expect you to be working already, and could simply lose interest in you.

And your I-797 does NOT say "occ50 economist". It is never that detailed.

And experience doesn't count for TN.

So, stop worrying and get to work!

USCIS involvement in your case is over. Done. You are now dealing with CBP at border. If they have a problem, THEY will tell you what needs to be fixed, and you would be able to fix it in 20 minutes. People get held up temporarily at the border all the time for minor deficiencies in their petition. But you have to go to the border first.

Thanks NelSona.
Today i went to rainbow bridge, It took 5 minutes for get i-94. They asked about my role ,title and place of work.
occ 050 was nothing. I was issued CSA TN.