TN - Category Limitation

jay-canadian

Registered Users (C)
Friends and Experts,

I am renewing/applying for my 4th TN as Management Consultant with the same company.

I heard a very disconcerting/alarming rumor – that a TN Visa in the category of Management Consultant is limited to 3 years only!!

Is that right? Surely not, if so what is the alternatative?

Thanks!!

Friends and Experts,

I am renewing/applying for my 4th TN as Management Consultant with the same company.

I heard a very disconcerting/alarming rumor – that a TN Visa in the category of Management Consultant is limited to 3 years only!!

Is that right? Surely not, if so what is the alternatative?

Thanks!!

It is NOT true. TN (all categories) does NOT have any limit.

Thanks Bigtboy00, that very reassuring, but are you a 100% certain that there are no "term limits"? - not that I doubt your voracity or anything, I simply am trying to triangulate accurate information as I do not have much time before I renew again (Feb 08).

Thanks Bigtboy00, that very reassuring, but are you a 100% certain that there are no "term limits"? - not that I doubt your voracity or anything, I simply am trying to triangulate accurate information as I do not have much time before I renew again (Feb 08).

I am 100% sure. But in doubt, you can get others to comment on this. Nelson is the right guy to ask - his TN knowledge is excellent.

My knowledge is no better than the 1000's of true TNers that have had TN's -- of every stripe -- for far longer than 3 years.

Thanks guys, I fell much better.

I do have some time left that I may be able to reclaim on my H1 that I had prior to the TN but I would like to use that time (about 1.5 yrs +) when I find a better company and proceed with GC filing. This is my ace in the hole - I believe.

So does the unclaimed or re-claimable time on H1 have a expiration or "use by" date??

So does the unclaimed or re-claimable time on H1 have a expiration or "use by" date??

No, once you have had H1, you are eentitled to the full six years without being subject to quota, even if you leave US for several years.

No, once you have had H1, you are eentitled to the full six years without being subject to quota, even if you leave US for several years.

Many Thanks, Nelsona

Going to go ahead with the TN

Hope all works out. it's a never ending saga eh!

We have had customers applying for Management Consultant for more than 3 years and have not had any problems.

Good Luck!