Timing to send in AC21--ONLY after starting to work for new employer ??

willgetgc2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am planning to leave company A and move to company B. The moment I resign Company A will revoke my 140 ASAP. So I want to send the AC21 ASAP. However, in the AC21 packet, I need to attach the letter from new employer with permanent job offer letter. So my new Attorney says, we can send AC21 letter only after starting to work for the new employer. I dont want to wait that long. I want to send AC21 as soon as my tell my current employer that I resigned.

Gurus, is AC21 sent ONLY AFTER you begin working for the new employer or it can be sent before you begin work.

Please help !

The moment I resign Company A will revoke my 140 ASAP. So I want to send the AC21 ASAP

If you're so certain that A will withdraw the I-140 right away, you should expect to receive an NOID no matter what you do. I'd probably wait for that and respond.

So my new Attorney says, we can send AC21 letter only after starting to work for the new employer.

Your attorney has a novel interpretation of the English language; an "offer of employment" means employment at some point in the future. You don't need to be already working in order for the offer to be valid. Clearly, however, if you can provide evidence that you're already in the offered position, it'll make your response that much stronger.

I want to send AC21 as soon as my tell my current employer that I resigned.

You certainly can, just count on doing it again when you get the NOID.

Gurus, is AC21 sent ONLY AFTER you begin working for the new employer or it can be sent before you begin work.

Once you have an offer of employment, that's all you need. You don't need to start, although clearly it is better to be already in the position.

Thanks RealCanadian. One another question.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

The name NOID scares me. Is this a routine when I-140 is revoked and can be solved by submitting AC21 proof again ? I mean will this cause danger to my getting a GC eventually ? Is this something people have over come easily ?
Some pointers will be helpful.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

If you're so certain that A will withdraw the I-140 right away, you should expect to receive an NOID no matter what you do. I'd probably wait for that and respond.

Your attorney has a novel interpretation of the English language; an "offer of employment" means employment at some point in the future. You don't need to be already working in order for the offer to be valid. Clearly, however, if you can provide evidence that you're already in the offered position, it'll make your response that much stronger.

You certainly can, just count on doing it again when you get the NOID.

+++++++++++++++++++++

The name NOID scares me. Is this a routine when I-140 is revoked and can be solved by submitting AC21 proof again ? I mean will this cause danger to my getting a GC eventually ? Is this something people have over come easily ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once you have an offer of employment, that's all you need. You don't need to start, although clearly it is better to be already in the position.

Guys,

Along with AC21 documents is it required to send the pay stubs from new employer ? I will sen AC21 before joining new emplyer as I am sure my old employer will revoke 140. ANy thoughts if paystub is a must ?

QUOTE=willgetgc2005;1651256]Thanks RealCanadian. One another question.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++[/QUOTE]