Timing of being out side the country

yankees

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this question has already been answered but I am looking for your help.

On the application regarding the dates for being out of the country. When leaving the US, there is no stamp on the passport, but when you enter another country they stamp your passport with the date. The question is on the date should I write the dates that I left the country or the dates that are stamped on the passport.

Logic would tell me that I should write the date I left the country. But the problem is I don't know what date I left. The trips that I am concerned about are my trips to Pakistan. As you would know sometime you take a night flight that leaves at 11:00 PM on the 1rst but doesn't arrive at the destination until the 3rd. So the stamp on the passport is for the 3rd while I might have left on the 1rst.

Trying to go back five years for all the trips (and I have quite a few) is very difficult. I would not know how to prove it to the IO officer that I left a certain date.

Your help, as always, would be greatly appreciated

The days you leave the US to not count as out of the US. And the same applies regarding the day you return to the U.S. you do not count it as a day out of the U.S.

So going by your entry stamps into foreign countries will be fine, just note that some countries do not stamp your passport on entry e.g. some European Union countries.

List the date you left the US, not the day you arrived in the other country. USCIS has access to passenger manifests from CBP, so if they verify your travel history you want the dates you provide to match the dates in their system.

You won't count the day you left or entered the US when adding up the days outside the US, but you still need to list the actual entry and exit dates, based on the US time zone where you entered/exited, not the Pakistan time.

List the date you left the US, not the day you arrived in the other country. USCIS has access to passenger manifests from CBP, so if they verify your travel history you want the dates you provide to match the dates in their system.

Agreed. The form specifically asks for the dates you entered and left the U.S., not the dates you arrived at or left a foreign destination. If you don't remember the precise dates, put in approximate ones, to the best of your memory and mention this to the IO at the interview.

Thanks Everyone

This helps a lot. I guess will will type in my best estimates.

Thanks again. Always can rely on everyone for a quick and correct answer.:D

Worry about the date you left/re-entered the US only.
I once left Auckland and arrived in Honolulu a day earlier :)

Trying to go back five years for all the trips (and I have quite a few) is very difficult. I would not know how to prove it to the IO officer that I left a certain date.