timeline

Priya you are absolute right about the immigrant concentrations. Contrary to the belief it is taking 12 to 15 months in Ottawa. You are right that it used to take 6 to 7 months until early to mid last year. The call centre folks just say whatever they want. If you call them four times in a day, you get 4 totally different answers. I am saying from experience. This shows how pathetic Ottawa CIC folks are.

Today I called the CIC call centre and they told me that my background is still going on and she said that the busiest centre in the country is Ottawa and said that the processing standards for Ottawa is 14 to 16 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can call the Vancouver call center or Montreal call centre directly (long distance).

ottawacicsucks,

Can I check the Toronto case by calling Vancouver call center or Montreal call centre? If so, do You have their number by any chance?

thanks

You can call any call centre to ask on questions. Phone numbers can be obtained by clicking the link provided by vault in the previous post.

People in Vancouver sometimes seem to be upset getting calls from Central Canada, but you can explain them that the call centre is closed and that you don't have a choice

Update

Hi everyone,

Just a little update. There is, after all, light at the end of the tunnel. My oath ceremony has been scheduled on September 3rd!!!! Here's my timeline:

- Send application for citizenship on April 5, 2002
- Receive confirmation that application was received on April 17, 2002
- Took citizenship test on April 16th, 2003
- Second round of background checks started around July 15, 2003
- Scheduled to take the oath in September, 2003

All in all it took 16 months for the processing of my citizenship application.

Good luck everyone, I will post one last note after my oath...

Monster28

Congrats monster28. It is a long waiting.

Yesterday the CIC call Center is open. I called and got good news that my case has been approved. So just matter of waiting to be scheduled for ceremony.

Re: Update

Originally posted by monster28
Hi everyone,

Just a little update. There is, after all, light at the end of the tunnel. My oath ceremony has been scheduled on September 3rd!!!! Here's my timeline:

- Send application for citizenship on April 5, 2002
- Receive confirmation that application was received on April 17, 2002
- Took citizenship test on April 16th, 2003
- Second round of background checks started around July 15, 2003
- Scheduled to take the oath in September, 2003

All in all it took 16 months for the processing of my citizenship application.

Good luck everyone, I will post one last note after my oath...

Monster28

Monster, Congrats!

just one question (bear with me if its a repeat)... When did you go for your first FP? Is it sometime after recipt of application and before tes? could you give an approx time? I am thinking of applying and leaving Canada. Hopefully i dont have to come back till sometime before the Test.

Clarity please...

Hi there, I really didn't understand what you meant by FP and tes...can you please clarify? It might be that I am having a long day over here but I really couldn't think of anything for those acronyms...

monster

sorry,
FP = fingerprinting.

How is the background check initiated and when?

tes = typo, i meant citizenship test.

Thanks.

Aha...now I get it..

OK, so here's the scoop: no FP in my case, they just needed to redo my background checks, no action required of me

Monster

I have applied for CDN citizenship and got it in 8 months. No FP required and was done in fairly quick manner. Good luck to all of you.

citizenship of canada

LOL...i thought was the only one who got diff answers on same day when i called CIC..seems i got company here..btw i live in mississauga...u wud be surprise how CIC agents amuse with differnt feed backs on ur file...i have no clue how each agent can get a differnt access when they look in to ur file...they can simply tell u either test letter or oath letter has been sent same day..call them in few minites then will hear nothing is updated on ur file..crazy crazy system..totally screwd up...peace

{{{ottawacicsucks

Priya you are absolute right about the immigrant concentrations. Contrary to the belief it is taking 12 to 15 months in Ottawa. You are right that it used to take 6 to 7 months until early to mid last year. The call centre folks just say whatever they want. If you call them four times in a day, you get 4 totally different answers. I am saying from experience. This shows how pathetic Ottawa CIC folks are.}}

Re: Aha...now I get it..

Originally posted by monster28
OK, so here's the scoop: no FP in my case, they just needed to redo my background checks, no action required of me

Monster

thanks.

Done

Hello again,

Finally done! Citizenship in hand, applying for the Canadian passport, I am one happy new Canadian right now. If you have any questions please let me know.

monster28

HI,
Did anybody apply for or got canadian citizenship in the last 6 months. Please post details like date application mailed, test date, oath date etc.

When do I have to do finger printing?

Folks,

When does one have to do the finger printing during the citizenship application process? There is nothing in the citizenship application and information documents about that. Do I have to go to a one of those Immigration related places where they can do a finger print and send those to someone? How does it work?

Thanks