Timeline - New Security clearance after Interview

coolglobal1

Registered Users (C)
Timeline - Security clearance Delays after Interview

Anyone awaiting GC after the interview?
I had my interview (Arlington) on 4/2003 and according to the interviewing officer, the stamp was pending the FBI check.
She pointed to a stack of files on her desk in the same situation.

Any suggestions?
Anyone with a similar experience and waiting?

Last edited by a moderator:
7yrGC - that's my situation too.
Have you done your second Fingerprinting?

I am wondering if there are suggestions about improving or atleast getting a status check on this situation.
Is this check done on a FIFO basis? What takes it so long?

This is similar to the I485 - employment based situation at this forum which has resorted to litigation.
The posts and results from that are very interesting.
As per reports millions of security checks are handled and cleared.

Going to the INS office did not give me anymore information than I already knew. I was told that I may need to do another fingerprinting soon. Why this is required again is confusing.
I HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SPEND FOR ANOTHER FINGERPRINTING.

Anyone else in the same situation , please post here.
It helps to know you are not alone and if nothing else in getting a good night's sleep.

Hi:

I am in a similar situation though not exactly. I had my interview at NY local office on 09/10/2003. The interviewer asked for proof of filing taxes from the IRS which we didn't have on the file. (we did have copies of the tax forms and w2s but they needed a statement from the IRS). We sent those documents within a week of the interview and still have not heard from them. I have called and requested an inquiry for the status of my case twice with the general inquiry number with USCIS but haven't heard anything yet. I am not sure if going to the local office will help.

I also need to travel outside the country soon. My advance parole has expired and I am not sure I can get another one since I already had my interview. Did any one of you leave the country after the interview on AP?

Did you try to go to the local office to check on the status of the case?

Any response will be appreciated. Somehow I never get a reply to my postings on this site..

thanks

Well. Let me try answering. I am no expert and just about understood some stuff after reading numerous posts here late into the night most likely due to sleep deprivation.

If you have filed taxes returns, you can get a consolidated tax report for the last three years from the IRS faxed to you (not sure if that applies if you have paid taxes but not filed returns). This takes 5 minutes. That is what I used along with my 1040 forms submitted. It was funny but this was the first time I saw the amount we workers contribute in general - a whopping 150k.
In any case, I don't see why submitting a document after the interview affects or delays a case. After all you have done your part honestly and quickly. Do keep proof of what you submitted along with the date.

Going to the INS office for a status update of the case, may or may not help depending if anything has actually changed.
More often than not I feel there is little that has changed. Which could make the trip wasteful. What is even more disheartening is that you have to spend practically the whole day - an hour outside in the cold, a good 4-5 hours awaiting for your turn and watching Jurassic park (there is cable nowadays - a sign that they are becoming customer oriented albeit slowly), and 5 minutes or less at the window.
An alternative or rather a parallel course of action is speaking to your congressman. I have done that too and am awaiting a response.

About AP, this is needed if you want to travel. You can get one after the interview too. Infact you have to if you are going to travel since your case is pending.

You will get replies - infact I think this forum is most helpful.
Very often the questions have already been answered and it is just a matter of going through innumnerable posts and identifying what pertains to you. That's my take.
The site is also well managed and fast.

Hope this helps.

JyothiD,

If you read a post "Waiting for Green card" - Candice, it sounds like mailing information after the interview does not (should not) cause a significant delay.

coolglobal1

Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to apply for an AP and wait to see which comes first green card approval letter or AP.

You are right going to the local office may not help. I might try that if I can't bear it anymore.

Thanks again

Anyone else waiting for GC after the interview?
Please post.
Just three - this looks like we are a very few number.

GC's for Asylees

Interesting development - more than 2500 asylees ( asylum seekers ) have been given GC's in the first two months resulting from a judge ruling in Minnesota.

http://www.ailf.org/lac/lac_pa_122303.pdf
http://www.ailf.org/lac/lac_lit_index.asp

This was the result of a class action law suit filed.
Also renewal of EAD and AP may be deemed illegal.

JyothiD, this may affect your AP renewal.

Any comments?

Security Clearance

I am a US citizen. My wife had her AOS interview in Chicago on May 1, 2003. Her status is pending security clearance.....we have not heard anything from INS. We got her 2nd EAD in August 2003.

I have also contacted our Senator. His office looked into this and basically suggested there are several cases pending security clearance and could take anywhere from 9-12 months after AOS interview.....so the wait continues. We have not recd a 2nd FP notice...but I am expecting that soon.

Anyone else in Chicago or other cities who are still waiting for approval?

Chichu was interviewed 3 months before me both at Newark, NJ and his inquiry made 2 weeks ago indicated that the BCIS local office have received his security check result.

Chichu was interviewed in Jan 2003 and has been pending name check since.

My wife's and my cases are pending name check since our AOS interview on April 14, 2003.

Hi,
Just finished my AOS interview today. I am in the same boat.
The officer said everything looks good except the FBI name check.

But he said the name check time lines are random. I could be 2 weeks to 6 months.

Anyone here who has had a shorter wait time?

Thank you

Re: Timeline - Security clearance Delays after Interview

Coolglobal,
My sister is waiting for her security check after the AOS interview in Arlington since 11/03. However another candidate va_transfer who had the Interview in 09/03 and was waiting for security check got in approved in 1st week of FEb 2004.

Hope that helps ...

Originally posted by coolglobal1
Anyone awaiting GC after the interview?
I had my interview (Arlington) on 4/2003 and according to the interviewing officer, the stamp was pending the FBI check.
She pointed to a stack of files on her desk in the same situation.

Any suggestions?
Anyone with a similar experience and waiting?

Re: Re: Timeline - Security clearance Delays after Interview

Originally posted by SWaiting
Coolglobal,
My sister is waiting for her security check after the AOS interview in Arlington since 11/03. However another candidate va_transfer who had the Interview in 09/03 and was waiting for security check got in approved in 1st week of FEb 2004.

Hope that helps ...

Thanks for the info, SWaiting.

Anyone coming up to the second fingerprinting in the family category? The delays are like that of the Employment category.
Let's hope things improve after the various litigations going on.
BTW how long is one suppose to wait?
Any theories?

Any updates on this thread? Anyone get their green card after waiting for FBI Name check clearance?

I think of the last 30 cases or so, 2 were approved at the interview. Nearly all of the rest need to wait until the security check comes back. This isn't even USCIS' fault.

Jim,
That's not true. When I went to NJ for my wife's case, almost everybody over there got it approved without the Secuirty clearence issue..

coolglobal1 - my sister got her approval yesterday from Arlington (emp category). Actually Lawyer called them and they sent an approval letter...

goodluck..

Any new updates

Hi Guys: Haven't seen any new updates on this thread lately. Has anyone waiting for their GC after the interview heard any thing from USCIS

I have made three phone inquiries on the national toll free number..They said if I don't get a letter about my status within a month of my third call they will let me speak with an officer..

I don't know how that's going to help either but I will make the call anyway.

So far here are my stats

Filing Oct 2001
Interview Sep 2003
Not heard from USCIS since...