Security Check cleared!

Got my wife's approval letter yesterday....here is our timeline:

Office: Chicago
Filed AOS: Sept 2002
Interview: May 2003
Security Check Cleared: March 2004
Approval Letter: April 1, 2004

Next step: Stamp the damn passport!

We filed an inquiry with USCIS Chicago in December 2003. We recd a letter on March 29, 2004 stating that our inquiry has been forwarded to an officer. On April 1, we recd the approval letter.

My guess is that a lot of cases may have been approved, however, the officers are not checking status online since their backlog may be pretty bad. I would recommend filing an inquiry and let the process take its time!

Goodluck!

Inquiry

They normally ask you to wait for 3-6 mths before you can file an inquiry. You can go to the field office and fill out a form. It takes 90 days once you submit a form to get a reply back....the form essentially forces them to reopen your case and see if your security check cleared. My guess is that your security check will take anywhere from 9-12 mths before its cleared...so i would wait a while before you file an inquiry.

Blackhawk..do you remember which form is it that you file to inquire about your case..form# etc. Do you have to file it in person? Thanks..

Still waiting .....................

:eek: Gawd Blimey ,
Im a GC wanna be waiting in limbo . My husband and I had our AOS interview in december of last year , and still waiting for that FBI check thus my case is still PENDING !!! .
I dont quite understand why it takes so long for some and not for others . But Im learning here that obviously its the luck of the draw .
Apart from my frustration Im waiting and learning a game of skill . Im now a skilled patient artist .
Im going into the local office next week for my third EAD , and in a month or so , will be going for my Second AP to travel in late December of this year .
It amazes me as to all this organisation . Hmmmmmmmmm .
Not at all amused though you all know what I mean !!