Timeline for I130 for my mother: Islamabad

bholabhala

Registered Users (C)
So i am looking to file an I-130 for my mom. Myself, i am a naturilzed citizen of USA, and looking to file this petition from Dallas, Texas. Recently she applied for a visit visa, and that got rejected; so i have decided to go the route of filing a petition for her.

Can someone please tell me(from your experiences), how long is it taking for an approval if i file a petition for my mom, who is in Islamabad, Pakistan? Is it worth filing this petition or should i myself fly to Islamabad and try another visit visa for her.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Very helpful information :)

I am specifically looking for someone who filed for his/her mom and how long did it end up taking for the petition to get approved.

I use to work there if she is more then 60 it shouldn't take long. if they have available immigrant visa in this fiscial year which will end on sep 30

Triple Cit is right Diya. My concern is that i dont wanna end up shooting myself in the foot by filing an I-130 and the whole process taking like 20 light years. Dont know if i'd be better off by filing Visit for her; in person; that is me going to ISB and go to USA embassy with her to represent her.

OR

I can just file an I-130 and pray to God for his mercy

Since i did not work in consular section so i am not very much detailed about it. But i believe every consulate and embassy are allocated some number of immigrant visas. As a USC applied for his kids and wife and were issued visas after 5 months reason which they told me that they were waiting for new fisical year visas to come up. Which they get after 1st october. Good luck

So i am looking to file an I-130 for my mom. Myself, i am a naturilzed citizen of USA, and looking to file this petition from Dallas, Texas. Recently she applied for a visit visa, and that got rejected; so i have decided to go the route of filing a petition for her.

Can someone please tell me(from your experiences), how long is it taking for an approval if i file a petition for my mom, who is in Islamabad, Pakistan? Is it worth filing this petition or should i myself fly to Islamabad and try another visit visa for her.

Any help will be highly appreciated

less than one year

Very helpful information :)

I am specifically looking for someone who filed for his/her mom and how long did it end up taking for the petition to get approved.

in my case it was one year both my parents was petitioned from Philippines that was 4 years ago

in my case it was one year both my parents was petitioned from Philippines that was 4 years ago

Hi, I filed for my DAD CP in India, It took me 7mts start to finish, Applied in Nov 2010, Approved in Feb 2011 (I 130) Case transfered to NVC . Finished all the paper work and scheduled for interview on June 6th 2011.