timeframe for renewing H-1B stamp

saduja

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My current H-1 visa is expiring in Nov end. I have already received the H-1B extension approval. I will apply for a new visa stamp in Mumbai. My question is: can I apply for it immediately, or is there is restriction like - you can only apply for a new stamp within X days of the current expiration date ?

Thanks!

My current H-1 visa is expiring in Nov end. I have already received the H-1B extension approval. I will apply for a new visa stamp in Mumbai. My question is: can I apply for it immediately,
---- ---------You can apply immediately or when you visit India no problems, if you have valid new extended I-94 attached with your H1b extension approval you can stay and work in US till the validity of I-94. Visa stamp is to re-enter US
or is there is restriction like - you can only apply for a new stamp within X days of the current expiration date ?
------------- That restriction is only if you want to revalidate Visa stamp from DOS in US by sending the passport and it takes 90-120 days to get passport back