• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

timeframe after dv2010 interview

asgruber09

Registered Users (C)
Gents,

According to my case number, I hope to have my interview next January (still waiting for the 2nd letter to come…hopefully anytime now!!)

I wonder if anyone can explain a bit more about the timeframes after the interview.

I understand you receive a visa for 6 month after that. I will probably have to travel to the States to activate the green card within that period and return to where I live and look for a new job in usa or request a transfer there as we have offices there.

How long to do you have to move permanently to USA after doing your activation trip, do you have to wait for SSN to be able to work?...where can I find this information.

Many thanks,

AC

Does anyone know if the Embassy's decision after the interview, can be appealed directly or with the assistance of a lawyer? or is the decision final like visit visa applications?

Gents,

According to my case number, I hope to have my interview next January (still waiting for the 2nd letter to come…hopefully anytime now!!)

I wonder if anyone can explain a bit more about the timeframes after the interview.

I understand you receive a visa for 6 month after that. I will probably have to travel to the States to activate the green card within that period and return to where I live and look for a new job in usa or request a transfer there as we have offices there.

How long to do you have to move permanently to USA after doing your activation trip, do you have to wait for SSN to be able to work?...where can I find this information.

Many thanks,

AC

You need your SSN when you apply for a job. They need to see the original when you sign the contract or employee tax forms, etc.

In Florida they changed the rules for getting utilities, you need either a passport to show or your SSN but you have to show it in person when you sign up, this due to ID theft and fraud, which is sky high now due to the economy and foreclosures.

You can leave right after activating but better wait for the SSN to arrive...if you not living in the US for a long period than you might risk losing your GC or have it officialy arranged so you can stay out of the US for a longer time, but that will cost money...maybe not much, but it isn't for free, and mostly you need to be here for the interviews for a new job...remember you aren't the only one looking for a job...at least 16 million others need a job and not counted towards this amount are people who lost working hours and are looking for additional hours and people who just lost their benefits but still are looking...an employer won't wait for weeks for an interview if the next person can come the next day.

Does anyone know if the Embassy's decision after the interview, can be appealed directly or with the assistance of a lawyer? or is the decision final like visit visa applications?

You can always try to appeal but you probably need a lawyer or a Senator to support you...the higher your case number the shorter your time frame is, because Sep.30 is the deadline if the visa's aren't given out by than...

A Senator might be willing to help if the person is already in the US for quiet some time, I doubt if he is willing to do anything for a person who has done CP and lives abroad...

asgruber09,

I am from Venezuela too, my CP will be in Caracas. I saw that you case is current so call KCC to find out when is your interview.

Good luck