time line in SAN DIEGO?

good deal

we are in the same boat
waiting for our interview letters
Good luck and lets keep this thread updated

I'm hoping that my interview letter doesn't come for a while.... got a two week trip to Alaska at end of August and it would be just my luck to get the interview scheduled for then. So I'm probably the only one here right now with fingers crossed not to see a letter in the mail.

Surprise Surprise !!!

Hi Guys,

Just to give you heads up, one of us received Interview Appointment letter for Sept 12, 2007. Still waiting for the other one.

For details, please see my signature. (Note: our names are not very common therefore it looks like it got onto fast track for FBI NameCheck clearance -- Just an assumption)

Just to give you heads up, one of us received Interview Appointment letter for Sept 12, 2007. Still waiting for the other one.

Wow, that was fast after the fingerprinting - well done. I'm back from my trip Sept 9 so I'm hoping I'll get a letter for my interview soon after that. My PD is a month ahead of you, Calexico must be really slow.... or likely real busy with all the Mexicans.

Interview Notice

We got our Interview notice too.

N400 mailed - 05/08
Check Cashed - 05/21
Notice Date - 06/01
Priority Date - 05/09
FP Notice - 07/03
FP Date - 07/19
Interview Notice - 08/02
Interview - 09/06

Curious for those getting interview notices - did you case "disappear" from the online case status system? I've read elsewhere that often when your interview is scheduled, the online system can no longer find you. Just curious if that was true in your cases.

I'm away from home so no idea if my letter is here yet but you guys have definitely overtaken me - congrats!

good luck on the interview guys

it seems that you guys are ahead of the game on the Interview dates, and i went for FP like a month before you :(

i really hope that it does get to me
the only thing that gets me nervious is my mailman
as at least once a week he leaves us mail with addresses not even close to ours

when my wife was in the process of becomign a citizen, in 2002
we waited and waited, and when she went to the local INS office to ask turns out she had missed her appt, as letter got lost on the way
so they sent a new date.

with that history, my mailman worries me more than name check :(

I got my interview notice yesterday, however, the interview location is at Chula Vista Customer Service Center. I would like to ask KVPS and SD SAMY, how about your interview location? Thanks for your info.

N-400 @ San Diego District Office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 San Diego timeline

Here are the results of my N-400.

Region: San Diego, CA
Mailed: May 8, 2007
PD: May 9, 2007
Receipt Notice Issued: June 1, 2007
FP Notice Issued: June 20, 2007 (Received June 21, 2007)
FP Date: July 6, 2007
Interview notice: August 8, 2007 (Received August 10, 2007)
Interview: September 27, 2007
Oath:

Interview

We had our interview today.

It took almost 4 hours from the time we got there till we got our oath letters for sep 20th.

The questions were from the booklet.
I had a traffic violation, and they asked for the ticket and kept the original.
asked for birth cert from both me and my wife. (suggest you also take a copy to give them)

It took 4 months from the date we applied. may 9th i think.

Our interview was at the downtown office, 880 Front Street.

Time line - Application to Oath

N400 mailed - 05/08
Check Cashed - 05/21
Notice Date - 06/01
Priority Date - 05/09
FP Notice - 07/03
FP Date - 07/19
Interview Notice - 08/02
Interview - 09/06
Oath - 09/20

Question about taking interpreter for interview

Congratulations sd_samy,

Just wondering, Did they ask you to wait for oath letter or you waited 4 hours for your interview itself?

My wife has interview tomorrow. For most part she is good with all citizenship interview questions however she has some problem understanding pronounciations so I was thinking about going with her as interpreter so just in case if she doesn't understand the pronounciations, I could translate those in my pronounciations (ofcourse in english only). Any suggestions / recommendations on that? considering Sept 7th interview date, quick response will be highly appreciated.

Kvps

Yes, you could go in I think.

There were a few who went in with Interpreter.

They were very nice and courteous. you could ask the interview officer and explain the situation.

My wife's interview, even though scheduled after me happened before schedule. and i had to wait 3 hrs for mine.

yes waiting for the oath letter, was the rest of the wait.

Good luck

Thanks sd_samy,

It worked well. It was straight forward. Interview Officer came talked to us and said he would try to speak slowly to make sure interviewee understands him.

He went through some basic verification of details and since there were no major descripancies/issues, he went ahead with interview questions. At the end, he congratulated and asked to wait outside in waiting area for oath letter and an hour letter a lady showed up with oath letter.

and guess what, oath is scheduled for 09/20 as well so hopefully we will see you there in oath ceremony. :)

Now we are keeping our fingers crossed for P2's interview which is scheduled for 09/12/2007 and hoping for the same oath date as well.

Just back from two weeks in Alaska and my letter was waiting for me. I was a little worried that I would have no time to study for the test but I have plenty of time. See updated sig for details.

Please see updated signature for Person 2.

Note: We had checked if they would let interpreter go in just in case there would be any problems understanding pronounciations however they did not allow it. Interviewers were very nice and repeated questions when they realized that there were some problems understanding pronounciations. At the end they congratulated and asked to wait for oath letter and 30 minutes later, we were issued oath letters.

Now both of us are scheduled for oath on same date, same time.

Good Luck to all who are waiting.

I got my interview notice yesterday, however, the interview location is at Chula Vista Customer Service Center. I would like to ask KVPS and SD SAMY, how about your interview location? Thanks for your info.

Hi dd, we had our interview in downtown SD. Seems they are loaded and guess that's why you are scheduled in Chula Vista

Did we come to a grinding halt in San Diego (before the fires) or have people become citizens without telling us? I'm still waiting for my interview to be rescheduled, gonna get an infopass next month to see what the holdup is.

Did we come to a grinding halt in San Diego (before the fires) or have people become citizens without telling us? I'm still waiting for my interview to be rescheduled, gonna get an infopass next month to see what the holdup is.

Check out www.uscis.gov It has information about how fires are affecting centers in California

California - San Diego wild fires

My wife and I are among the persons who are supposed to take oath on 24 October. I understand from the web site that the oath ceremony is tentatively rescheduled for Nov 14. I am planning to leave San Diego (travel within USA) on 14th evening.
Has anyone received a letter with the proposed date?