• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Time it takes to receive green card in mail

dv2007us

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering how long, after you've entered through a U.S. Port of Entry, does it take to receive the green card in the mail at your U.S. home address? I entered the U.S. yesterday and provided the CBP officer with my new home address on a separate piece of paper. She took my prints on two sides of a form (I believe the I-551 request form) and one on side I signed and wrote my last name while on the other side I wrote my full name. She said it takes several months to receive the actual green card in the mail but I heard it only takes 2-3 weeks. Anyone here has had some experience in this? Thanks

I was wondering how long, after you've entered through a U.S. Port of Entry, does it take to receive the green card in the mail at your U.S. home address? I entered the U.S. yesterday and provided the CBP officer with my new home address on a separate piece of paper. She took my prints on two sides of a form (I believe the I-551 request form) and one on side I signed and wrote my last name while on the other side I wrote my full name. She said it takes several months to receive the actual green card in the mail but I heard it only takes 2-3 weeks. Anyone here has had some experience in this? Thanks

My friend entered in FEB 10th he got it 30 days later in San Diego.
They always keep saying maximum 4 weeks - a month

I did not receive my Green Card

Hi,

Entered USA 3 weeks ago VIA JFK airport but still did not receive any letter yet. No green card , social security or welcome letter.

If you have any idea, How long it takes? please let me know.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All.

Hi,

Entered USA 3 weeks ago VIA JFK airport but still did not receive any letter yet. No green card , social security or welcome letter.

If you have any idea, How long it takes? please let me know.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All.

I already had a social security number since I was a student here before becoming a PR so I dont know how long it'll take for you to get that - call the social security office. As for the welcome letter, I dont know what you're referring to but the Embassy should've given you some sort of a website printout when you picked up your green card visa. As for the green card itself, I'm still waiting, I entered via JFK too but that was less than a week ago. I wanted my address to be changed so I wrote it on a piece of paper and gave it to them. I'm trying to locate the office that mails the green cards but haven't had much luck - that would be the office to contact in regards to when one would expect to get the physical card.

Thanks

So, you have already a SS card but you need a unrestricted one. Check your card , it say " Valid for work only with INS authorization".

You need one say nothing on it. Please share your information when you received your GC.

If I receive earlier than you, I'll let you know their Mailing Address and other info.

Thanks and keep in touch.

You don't really need to change the card. I will be applying for my citizenship next year, and my SSN card still has the restriction on it. Too busy to go change it...

So, you have already a SS card but you need a unrestricted one. Check your card , it say " Valid for work only with INS authorization".

You need one say nothing on it. Please share your information when you received your GC.

If I receive earlier than you, I'll let you know their Mailing Address and other info.

Thanks and keep in touch.

I found the number to contact. You can call USCIS at their hotline number and inquire about your welcome notice and GC. They will ask you to wait for at least 30 days after entering the US before they initiate an inquiry. Anyways more info on this website including their no.:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=aab807b03d92b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Receiving Green Card

hI I GOT MY GC 3 DAYS UNDER A MONTH, BUT NO SS CARD, WENT DOWN TO THE LOCAL SS OFFICE THE CARD CAME 4 DAYS LATER
GOOD LUCK

hI I GOT MY GC 3 DAYS UNDER A MONTH, BUT NO SS CARD, WENT DOWN TO THE LOCAL SS OFFICE THE CARD CAME 4 DAYS LATER
GOOD LUCK

What was the address of the sending organization. Did the GC come with a welcome notice or did you get the welcome notice separately?

Thanks.

I received the green card in the mail today (9/6). I entered the U.S. on 8/17. I got the welcome notice yesterday (9/5). Good luck to all!