Time for application to reach NVC from St.Louis

Dax,
No. They will send confirmation letter first and create case later. Actual grounds for sending confirmation letter is clear(atlest for me). In many cases they did send confirmation letter even if G-28 is enclosed. In my case I did't receive any confirmation letter but quite a few did receive.

P3 will be sent to your attorney. They will create only one P3 for you and your spouse. You don't need to update address change now with NVC. Mention your new address in DS230 part-I. Good luck..
Originally posted by dax99
Saradao & Bapa !!!

As from your reply I understand that regardless of letter G-28 from my lawyer they will send request for reconfirmation for my CP Am I right ? So first they will create my case # & then send this request . Do I need to talk with operator regarding this & my address change ?
Also I had mentioned my wife name in my I-140 . So I need to verify with NVC operator that they have created two packets for me i.e. one for me & another for my wife ?

Thanks for your help...

Dax

bapa & raji_needs_gc
mailed p3 to stl on 09/04. encashed on 09/18. looks like we are on the same boat as to the review by nvc. chennai here. let's hope for dec interview godwilling.

lbrn, bapa & raji_needs_gc

My P3 was sent to STL on 07/25 and my checks were cashed on 08/01 and I still haven't received any communication regarding my interview. Looks like it's taking a long, long time. Anybody around whose checks were cashed post 08/01 and have received the interview call?

Thank you very much !!!!!! Today & Tomorrow I have planned to fill up my Ds230-I .. So If I have any question then I will ask you as you have lot of experience on these matter . I am new with this procedure.

Once again thanks !!!

Dax

Originally posted by saradao
Dax,
No. They will send confirmation letter first and create case later. Actual grounds for sending confirmation letter is clear(atlest for me). In many cases they did send confirmation letter even if G-28 is enclosed. In my case I did't receive any confirmation letter but quite a few did receive.

P3 will be sent to your attorney. They will create only one P3 for you and your spouse. You don't need to update address change now with NVC. Mention your new address in DS230 part-I. Good luck..

did your case reach NVC??
If so did the review get over?

Originally posted by sudden
lbrn, bapa & raji_needs_gc

My P3 was sent to STL on 07/25 and my checks were cashed on 08/01 and I still haven't received any communication regarding my interview. Looks like it's taking a long, long time. Anybody around whose checks were cashed post 08/01 and have received the interview call?

Review

Bapa and IBRN,

I spoke to the operator at NVC. This is the gist of what they told me.

From the date St. Louis receives the case to the time NVC receives the info, it is about 15 business days.

It takes about 2 weeks for the info. to be updated in the NVC systems.

NVC takes 6-8 weeks to review the case. If everything is OK, then your consulate in India receives the case from NVC via diplomatic mail as well as electronically. It's going to be a a week before you consulate can confirm the receipt of the case.

It would take anywhere from 4-6 weeks from then on for the interview.

So in all, we are looking at about 4 months before the interview. If we are lucky we will get a Dec. interview.

My consulate is Chennai. IBRN we'll meet there.

Srini

Which roughly translates into this

NVC Sch Bapa Sch
15 days to receive* = 5 working days
15 days to update = 3 working days
Review 6-4 weeks = 2-3 weeks
Send case to consulate = 1 week

This my analysis. No method or formulas, just analysis.

Cheers,
Bapa

*After the check has been cashed

Bapa and IBRN,

I spoke to the operator at NVC. This is the gist of what they told me.

From the date St. Louis receives the case to the time NVC receives the info, it is about 15 business days.

It takes about 2 weeks for the info. to be updated in the NVC systems.

NVC takes 6-8 weeks to review the case. If everything is OK, then your consulate in India receives the case from NVC via diplomatic mail as well as electronically. It's going to be a a week before you consulate can confirm the receipt of the case.

It would take anywhere from 4-6 weeks from then on for the interview.

So in all, we are looking at about 4 months before the interview. If we are lucky we will get a Dec. interview.

My consulate is Chennai. IBRN we'll meet there.

Srini

i'm sponsoring wife & child for IR1 & IR2 since i'm a us citizen. i hope the timeline is shorter than what NVC told srini.

The Letter will be sent to whoever it is mentioned on your file. You can call NVC directly and ask who would they be sending the Letter.....
And if the address is your old address (If not Employers or Attorney's) then you can ofcourse ask them to change to your new address for which they might ask you to fax a letter to them with the case number on it.

:)

My time estimates come with an error factor of +/- 2 days.
I hope my case is with NVC b y close of business 23rd of Sep or latest by 26th of Sep. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Bapa

Good Luck

Good Luck Bapa. I also need lots of it. In each and every stage of my GC, my issue has been delayed by 1-3 months. Hopefully it speeds up atleast now.

Srini

Re: Good Luck

mine also got delayed at each stage becase of unluck...

it took 5 months for my I140 to reach NVC ... it took another 2 months for the NVC to send me the packet3...
now it is getting delayed again.. i had mailed P3 on first week of aug and my checks were cashed on third week of aug.. but it is yet to reach NVC... NVC asked me to wait for some more time.....
iam really unlucky with this...

Originally posted by raji_needs_GC
Good Luck Bapa. I also need lots of it. In each and every stage of my GC, my issue has been delayed by 1-3 months. Hopefully it speeds up atleast now.

Srini

Need help on DS-230 Part I

I need help on DS230 Part I

22) List below all employment for last ten years ?
- On Location do I have to write down
whole address or city,state & zip only ?
- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
Do I have to write down only month-year or mm-dd-yyyy?

25)List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the US.
Guys I am confused what I have to write for my wife.
she came with me on H4 & she went India for short visit
and then came back & still on H4.
Do I have to mention in Point # 25?

*Lot of place there are dates like FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
Do I have to only month and year or full date i.e. mm-dd-yyyy?
* Also Location means Do I have to write down whole address or
City/state/zip/country.
* Palce of Birth ... Do I have to write down only city or cirt/state/country?

Please help on this as i am in process of filling DS-230 Part-I.

Thanks

Dax

My Application has reached NVC

Folks:
As predicted my application has reached NVC. The receive date was 09/21/02/. Registry in the system is 09/23/02 as predcited.
Now hopefully wait/pray for an early review. Wish me luck folks.
Raji_Needs_GC, Call NVC I am sure your application has reached NVC too. Goodluck.
Bapa

- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
ONLY MONTH AND YEAR ( THAT IS WHAT MM-YYYY MEANS!)

INCLUDE ALL INSTANCES WHEN YOU/YOUR WIFE ENTERED US BORDERS. THIS INCLUDED VISITS TO/FROM CANADA.

SEE PREVIOUS ANSWER
City/state/zip/country. CITY, STATE, ZIP, COUNTRY ONLY
CITY/STATE/COUNTRY

Thanks

Lucky Bapa

Nope. I called NVC and they told me it will take them 15 business days to tell me if the case is reached them because it only then that the case will be registered in the system. Can you gimme your phone # as a PM and I will call you.

Srini

Thank you !!

Thank you nkm-oct23 !!!! I was so confused on all these now I have better idea.

Once again Thanks !!!

Dax

Originally posted by nkm-oct23

- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
ONLY MONTH AND YEAR ( THAT IS WHAT MM-YYYY MEANS!)

INCLUDE ALL INSTANCES WHEN YOU/YOUR WIFE ENTERED US BORDERS. THIS INCLUDED VISITS TO/FROM CANADA.

SEE PREVIOUS ANSWER
City/state/zip/country. CITY, STATE, ZIP, COUNTRY ONLY
CITY/STATE/COUNTRY

Thanks

Re: My Application has reached NVC

does AVM says that P3 has reached NVC or the should we speak with the human operator...
good luck

Originally posted by Bapa
Folks:
As predicted my application has reached NVC. The receive date was 09/21/02/. Registry in the system is 09/23/02 as predcited.
Now hopefully wait/pray for an early review. Wish me luck folks.
Raji_Needs_GC, Call NVC I am sure your application has reached NVC too. Goodluck.
Bapa

P3 Reached NVC

Bapa,

My packet reached NVC as well. They did not tell me when. All the operator said was that the System shows that they received some mail as of 09/23. So I guess the entry was made yesterday evening. Keeping my fingers crossed about further processing.

Bapa, I just wish all your predictions about dates come true..Looking at it at the hindsight, I wish you had chopped off a few more weeks from the processing...:D

Srini