TIME between...

kj2007

Registered Users (C)
Generally, how long does it take between AP (I-131) approval and EAD (I-765) approval? (or vice versa)

Thereafter, how long does it take between AP/EAD approval and GC (I-485) approval?

Thanks.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did they chicken cross the road? :rolleyes:

EAD/AP is approved between 60-90 days of the receipt date.

GC approval varies from 3-6 months, depending on your DO's case load and of course if your name check is stuck/pending... then it could be months or years.

Maybe I didn't phrase the question properly.

If one's EAD is approved, generally how long after the EAD approval is the AP approved? I suspect that there is some relationship between the approvals.
I was wondering what other's experience is in terms of EAD approval and AP approval.

Then, when the EAD and AP are approved, does the GC approval occur within a certain period of time? ie if the EAD and AP are approved quick does this mean the GC will be approved quick or if the EAD and AP are approved slowly does this mean that the GC will be approved slowly also?

The EAD, AP and GC are processed independently. There is not a relationship between the approvals.

My AP was approved in 28 days, my EAD in 73 and my GC in 96. And everyone else's is different.

There is no relationship. As far as I know.

:rolleyes:
Maybe I didn't phrase the question properly.

If one's EAD is approved, generally how long after the EAD approval is the AP approved? I suspect that there is some relationship between the approvals.
I was wondering what other's experience is in terms of EAD approval and AP approval.

Then, when the EAD and AP are approved, does the GC approval occur within a certain period of time? ie if the EAD and AP are approved quick does this mean the GC will be approved quick or if the EAD and AP are approved slowly does this mean that the GC will be approved slowly also?

Hi,

I disagree.... There is a relationship...Your EAD is approved before your AP, so that you can start working and ensure that you have enough money to travel to your home country....:D :(

So, you can expect your AP to be approved 90 days after your EAD is approved, this way, USCIS doesn't have to dip to into "help-the-immigrants fund for home travel" to fund your home travel. :(The Honorable Praet told me in a PM... hence he was approved this quick...:cool: If you EAD hasn't been approved, how are you planning to travel? :eek: Doesn't that perpetuate the thinking that immigrants only want to become public charge?... or vagrants? :D :rolleyes: