Those Approved - Pls. reply

hedgehog

Registered Users (C)
Am curious - the ones that got approved without an RFE or transfer - did you include your W2s, paystubs in the 485 application. My attorney did not do so, and am worried if that will generate an automatic RFE. Also, is it possible to send additional documents to INS before an RFE is issued.

People in NJ/NY - could you recommend a decent attorney - need to get a second opinion - but would like to avoid paying an arm and a leg.

Thx.

My attorney didn't include those

I actually asked him about it at the time of application. He said it was not necessary because by the time the INS processes the case those info would have been too old anyway.

I guess it doesn't hurt to include the W2 etc. but not including it in your application doesn't necessarily mean an RFE. My approval came without an RFE. I don't know whether sending in additional info at this time would complicate things.... It's anybody's guess.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

HELLO

ITS DOES'T MATTER, WHEN WE APPLIED I-485 WE ADDED COPIES OF W2 FORMS FOR THE YEAR 2000 BUT STILL WE GOT AN RFE WHICH INCLUDED TAX RETURNS FOR THE YEAR 2001. SO, IF SOMEBODY GETS RFE THEY WILL DEFINETLY GETS IT.

SO DONT WORRY.. EVEN IF YOU GET RFE AND YOUR APPROVAL WILL BE WITHIN 3 WEEKS.

Anyone else

Thx for the responses - so I guess there is no correlation between RFEs and lack of W2s, payetc. etc. et. viz. ANyone else care to share their thoughts on this??

Filers from NY/NJ - pls. let me know the names for some attorneys in the area that do not take yr. shirt of for a consult. - I desperately need to get a 2nd opinion.

Cheers- :)

Re: Anyone else

Originally posted by hedgehog
Thx for the responses - so I guess there is no correlation between RFEs and lack of W2s, payetc. etc. et. viz. ANyone else care to share their thoughts on this??

I did not submit paystubs, W-2s, tax returns, bank statements or any of the financial stuff some people submit. I got an RFE for an employment letter, nothing more.

Typically, the INS will ask for tax returns for one of two reasons, either they suspect you had violated your status (by working without authorisation or being on bench) or they may do this for a set percentage (say, 5%) of all I-485s for general quality control and random auditing.

TRC - Dude you seem to know a lot about the internal functioning of INS - R you an INS spy, or what?????:D :D :D :D

Just kiddin'
LOL:D

hello

I don't remember that I submitted any financial statements, or may be I did. sorry I don't remember. :D :D