• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

This is my plan - is it make sense?

ayuray

Registered Users (C)
This is my plan - does it make sense?

I won DV 2008. I have 3 sons. 1st son, 24 years old did not include him as applicant. 2nd son will be 21 years old in early March 2008, studying in USA since 1 Sept 2007 with 5 years F1 visa. 3rd son 17 years old, studying high school in UK. I filed also my husband as applicant. Looking at the growth of 2008 number for AS (much faster than previous years), looks like I will be called for interview in May 2008.

It would be efficient if I can do the interview on June 2008 since both of my sons will be on vacation. My plan is as follow:
1) Once my number is current in April/May 2008, I will call KCC or Embassy to see possibility to have interview in June/July 2008.
2) Will it be okay for my 2nd son since he will be 21 years old early March 2008. I calculated that since the DV2008 start in 4 Oct 2006 until we received NO in 29 March 2007, number of days are 177 days.
3) I have translated all applicants birth certificate, marriage certificate, my pharmacist certificate, my husband industrial engineer certificate. My son's A-Level and O-level already in English. Would all of these documents enough?
4) Plan to obtain police certicate for myself, husband and youngest son. My son who already in USA already have police certificate. Should I also ask police certificate from USA for my 2nd son (he will be one year in USA).
5) Myself, husband and youngest son plan to start having medical examination and vaccination December 2007. For my 2nd son, he has completed all vaccination prior to go to USA in May 2007. Does he still need to take medical examination/vaccination?
6) I can prove that I have at least $100K in the bank. Do we still need affidavit of support?
7) I will use my 2nd son address in his University. Can I enter different state as POE and ask SSN in different state also? I plan to live permanently in state that is different with my son's university's (the address we will receive the plastic card). Is it possible the SSN also be sent to that address (different state).
8) I plan to go to USA with my 2nd son on August 2008 together. My 2nd son will stay permanently in USA. Myself, husband and youngest son will go on December 2008. Can I just wait for ssn on the first trip and ask for reentry permit for 3 of us on the second trip.
9) After having reentry permit, can we still enter/exit USA before it expired? Or it will be cancelled once we return back to USA.
10) In the future, as a PR, can I petition my 1st son if he is still single. What kind of foms should I fill and how long it will take?.

I would appreciate any comment and feedback for my plan above.

Last edited by a moderator:
police certificates from the US are not required.

For my 2nd son, he has completed all vaccination prior to go to USA in May 2007. Does he still need to take medical examination/vaccination?
of course, he needs to have a medical exam.

I will use my 2nd son address in his University. Can I enter different state as POE and ask SSN in different state also?
The POE is never asked for, and you can get SSN in any state.
Myself, husband and youngest son will go on December 2008. Can I just wait for ssn on the first trip and ask for reentry permit for 3 of us on the second trip.
you don't need a reentry permit if you are reentering within a year of your last departure fromt the US. The relatives who didn't enter the first time, need to enter within the validity period of their visas.

2) Will it be okay for my 2nd son since he will be 21 years old early March 2008. I calculated that since the DV2008 start in 4 Oct 2006 until we received NO in 29 March 2007, number of days are 177 days.
the date when your number becomes current also plays a role. You may need to recalculate.

10) In the future, as a PR, can I petition my 1st son if he is still single. What kind of foms should I fill and how long it will take?.
I-130. About 10-16 years depending on your country.

police certificates from the US are not required.

of course, he needs to have a medical exam.

The POE is never asked for, and you can get SSN in any state.
you don't need a reentry permit if you are reentering within a year of your last departure fromt the US. The relatives who didn't enter the first time, need to enter within the validity period of their visas.

the date when your number becomes current also plays a role. You may need to recalculate.

I-130. About 10-16 years depending on your country.

Thank you LucyMO. I notice you are always very helpull for everyone in this forum. You said for no 10 above it's depend on my country and gave the link to November visa bulletin. It says about Family Sponsored Preferences. Does it say somewhere there about the countries?.

Does it say somewhere there about the countries?.
It does, take a look at the first table in the bulletin. If you are not from CHINA-mainland, INDIA, MEXICO or PHILIPP-INES) the first column (All Charge- ability Areas Except Those Listed) with Row 2B is important for you. For you that means they are working on the applications from Sep. 1998, so 9 years to wait.

Yes it makes perfect sense.

Trying to fit your interview date around your children's college schedule makes perfect sense if getting the Green Card is not a priority for you.

It does, take a look at the first table in the bulletin. If you are not from CHINA-mainland, INDIA, MEXICO or PHILIPP-INES) the first column (All Charge- ability Areas Except Those Listed) with Row 2B is important for you. For you that means they are working on the applications from Sep. 1998, so 9 years to wait.

Oh .... I got it. Why the make everything so complicated. :D :)

mmm...i didn't want to make a seperate thread for this question since it's very small. it is partly related to one of ayuray's questions so i hope you don't mind me asking my question here:
if I(as one of the children) was born in summer of 1987, and interview is done in November 2007, will it be ok agewise? I'm having doubts on that one so i'll appreciate any comments :D

mmm...i didn't want to make a seperate thread for this question since it's very small. it is partly related to one of ayuray's questions so i hope you don't mind me asking my question here:
if I(as one of the children) was born in summer of 1987, and interview is done in November 2007, will it be ok agewise? I'm having doubts on that one so i'll appreciate any comments :D
It's better than my case. In your case, during interview the children will be less than 21 years. In my case during interview (estimate June 2008) the children will be 21 years + 3 months. But it's still ok because 3 months = 90 days less than 177 days.

It's better than my case. In your case, during interview the children will be less than 21 years. In my case during interview (estimate June 2008) the children will be 21 years + 3 months. But it's still ok because 3 months = 90 days less than 177 days.

thanks for the reply.
so I guess things will be ok for both our and your case.
good luck:D

My dear

My case number is 2008EU000005xx, , ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER for Europe is 11.100.
Twice I called KCC about scheduling of my interview, and I was told that my case is on processing also they told me to call them on October 20, 2007.
I was accepting to be scheduled in October month, but up to know nothing.
What do you thing am I going to scheduled soon or what is going on?
thanks