LIN0209650067 Card ordered 9/18/2003 Approved/Completed
LIN0209650156 Card ordered 8/26/2003 Approved/Completed
LIN0209650058 Transferred 8/25/2003 Transferred
LIN0209650196 Card ordered 8/20/2003 Approved/Completed
LIN0209650205 Card ordered 8/20/2003 Approved/Completed
LIN0209650219 Card ordered 8/20/2003 Approved/Completed
LIN0209650293 RFE recvd 8/18/2003 RFE recvd

Where is the pattern? I cannot see it.

Or maybe you refer to there is some activities just around 9/24 and 8/20?

Ghee,
Do you mean to say that, higher the reciept number, earlier the approval date. it looks like, on an average, last in, first out....
If there is some other pattern, please let us know...

I am sorry to confuse you,

I was amazed and shocked to see some approvals without rfes.
This looked to me like an anomaly, totally against the pattern what NSC has been following for months now. As for us, it is a positive thing.

VERY interesting

I just ran LIN-02-164 (ND 04/19/2002) and to my utmost amazement, I find 33 (yes, thirty three) approvals in the last 12 days, among which a sizeable chunk occured on 29th through 1st. This LIN previously had 35 approvals - now it has 68. This means the approvals almost doubled, and so did other activities (eg, RFE's etc).

Ghee, how did you know that some of your LIN's were straight approvals and weren't RFE-ed?

Re: VERY interesting

Originally posted by orca
I just ran LIN-02-164 (ND 04/19/2002) and to my utmost amazement, I find 33 (yes, thirty three) approvals in the last 12 days, among which a sizeable chunk occured on 29th through 1st. This LIN previously had 35 approvals - now it has 68. This means the approvals almost doubled, and so did other activities (eg, RFE's etc).

Ghee, how did you know that some of your LIN's were straight approvals and weren't RFE-ed?
they stopped working on asylum and religious worker visas on september 30th and went back to business for EB green card.

Is looks very encouraging and gives us some hope!
I'm not sure how you guys run these reports, but I was wondering if you could do LIN020675xxxx if it's not too much trouble for you. Or else if you could tell me how to do it myself.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Its heartening to know the way things are going on..right now..got have a nice weekend this time..!!!! 3Cheers for NSC.....go guys go...

orca,

It could be rfe'ed cases too. But I have followed other dates and some cases closely (6 or 7 but not a whole lot) and have started seeing some converting into approvals without going into rfes.

Oh, other thing that tells us they went directly to AD without rfe is it there were not many rfes for these far dates in the last 4-5 months history.

it is encouraging but can't be certain as we all know it. we will interpret as we go along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pork Chop,

I tried running the script and after just a couple of minutes I got shot down for too many inquiries. Now, the BCIS website wouldn't even let me check my own case manually.

Oh well, I gues we'll all find out the news sooner or later anyway.

russian

BCIS lets you ~1000 inquiries per day, so if you've crossed that limit (or have had to many false hits) you could just wait for ~24-48 hrs and you'll get through without problems. hope this helps.

Any new runs orca or pork that you have

run that you can share here? i know pork you did one just yesterday. keep posting snapshots when you have them.

ghee...

i have been trying to do a biweekly snapshot on the two LIN NDs i am following, except for when online case status was on the blink last month. i will hopefully post the results of my next run in about mid-october, and also upload the actual spreadsheet for funkyjunky's summary report.

ghee

i guess you haven't noticed my earlier post (and bafflement, if that's a word) at the sheer doubling of approvals of ND 04/19/2002 (went from 33 approvals to 68).

also, check out the three LIN's i'd posted in the Greenland Report link last night...

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...mp;pagenumber=8

i haven't started registering delta-values like pork but will try to do so in the future.

want to know

if no RFE for you, it might save months for getting your case approval, even you dont have job right now (am I right?). The problem is that who will get RFE from BCIS, who will not?
Urch

Urch,

I have no clue how would they pick whom for RFE. An RFE might create further delay, but the other side of the coin is they haven't totally forgotten your case. A lot of people do get their approvals right after their response to the RFE. Some friends here even gave out a time frame from several days to 6 months after the RFE for approval, well I don't know about that 'cause my response was received pretty much 6 months now but still no sign for even 2nd FP. Sorry not being much helpful, but my point is maybe there's no way for you to predict how would they work.

Cheers,
--Shamu

I think I probably know some secret, but we can do nothing with it.

I talked to very good Immigration lawyer who just handle employment_base cases. I asked him what the pattern there, and he said there is no pattern there. He believe it depends on the officers. Once he get a RFE, from the envelop, if he saw it is from this officer, without open the envelop, he know it will be easy, if he saw that officer's name, he know that guy is tough.

For a long time, this forums keep guessing/analyzing BCIS's work pattern, but seems still clueless. So based on my understanding, the pattern is:
BCIS's policy plus individual officer.