This is a really good I485 tracking site, easy to follow, pls join!!!

Very nice site.. just like PCee\'s!

I had my data entered on PCee\'s site a while back- but I also entered my data on this site- hopefully when PCee retires (although we hope that he doesn\'t ever! :eek:), this new site will still continue as it is self-managed.
But both of these sites are very useful- PCee has a lot more data because of all these months that he has his site up! I\'m predicting that this new site will do good too.

Features that would be nice..

1. It would be nice if this new site reserves names on PCee\'s list for people who had already posted with PCee- that way we won\'t have same ID\'s on both sites with different data from different people!
(One way to do would be requiring user to post a private message with their email address on this immigrationportal site to the creater of "rupnet.." site- so that the creator could enable a user\'s ID on rupnet site and send a password to the user\'s email address!)

2. Please also add a "last updated" field so that we know how current a user\'s data are! Because this site asks for an email address, you could also add a feature that it periodically sends out email (maybe once or twice a month!) if the user doesn\'t update his/her data every so often! We have many users on PCee and on this site who forget to update with PCee when their application is approved!

3. Another nice feature would be to view a whole year data and/or data from all centers on the same list- currently this site only allows to view a months worth data based on RD! (PCee\'s site allows data sorting based on RD/MD/PD/etc..)

Suggestions for functionality

The site/database is GREAT. Awesome functionality. Are you working together with Pecee yet. The two of you would be an outstanding team. Pcees analysis of aprovals and other analysis sheets would be great.

1) I have heard by many that have spoken to people at the INS that the ND date guides the approval (as opposed to the RD). Sugguestion is to have people insert date with respect to their ND date. This would only be able to be revised now before the site gets lots of traffic.

2)Add a column with processing center since the processing time of each center actually directly inpacts the rate of processing

Q - Will people enter their approval dates in the comment column? or are you creating a special sheet for approvals later???

Keep up the good work.

p.s. I have entered my data in the system

guys

what about PCee\'s site
Ciba gathered a lot of data and then left approx a month after his approval.

Me I maintained Recent Approvals thread and generated some statistics and left when I got rfe. But I requested other people to continue and milli has taken over and I have sent her my excel spreadsheet and explained to her my methods. So I hope that there is a smooth transition. She is doing good and maintaining Recent approvals thread quite well.

What about PCee - The task that he is doing is very very large - Is he going to continue after he gets approval or is he also looking around for someone else to carry the torch.

I am sure that he will also get approved shortly.

I request PCee to share his thoughts and feelings also.

As my old Supervisor says \'Say What You will do and Do what you say\'

Very simple words but words that mean a lot - I read these words and remember this saying regularly.

No Offence to anyone but folks this is life and all of us have to move on.

Thats one good feature about this new site- self managed!

So it would require a much lower maintenance time!? Besides, when the creator of that site retires he/she can either still continue to maintain it.. or easily transfer it over to someone else!
However, I must say that PCee has put in a lot of hard work in creating his site and I hope all that doesn\'t get wasted in future!

He/She does have a column for approval date already!

And nice thing is- if you don\'t enter an approval date, it automatically says "waiting"! Nice!

Pcee

did mention earlier that there are lots of immigration tracking sites. However people do not post their info there. Because of this PCee has taken on the role of reading all messages on this board and also requesting people to post their information and gathers them all to post them on his site.

He mentioned that the data collected on his site would be very very less if it was self maintained.

I hope he responds with his thoughts and addresses our concerns about the future of his site - what will happen to his site after he gets approved ???

In my opinion

Rupnet.com seems to be good and most of all he promises to continue his work even after his approval. Of course with any kind of software, this one also needs changes/enhancements which I\'m sure he\'s ready to do it and already taking suggestions from us. Moreover his site is kinda automated once put in to service he doesn\'t have to manually collect data or browse thru\' these forums everyday. It\'s up to us to keep our data accurate and updated so that it helps others to track their approvals.

I know for most of us it\'s easy to post our details in free format in this forum and someone like PCee/rsrgc picks it up and update the database. I have been doing this work for the past few days and I can tell you how much time and effort it takes to browse these forums, update the data and keep it synchronized manually. Hats off to PCee and rsrgc for their great service.

I guess it\'s time to take individual responsibility and keep rupnet.com updated rather than expecting PCee to do our job. We still can post details here and discuss various issues but I feel rupnet.com should be the only place to track our approvals. I dunno what others have to say about it. So let\'s keep this thread to discuss it and come to a consensus. Till then I\'ll continue updating Recent approvals thread.

Hi Thanks for giving the feedback, Here is my reply

1. I think people use ID at rupnet site, as same as of the ID at this immigrationportal.

2. Site was launched on 4/02/02, and we are continuosly adding more features. Like Last Update and time.(This is due till this weekend.

3.Working on a Realtime report which will show you number of filers,Approval in a month with a summary at the end.And rupnet.com site does sort on almost all the headings. (RD,ND Cnty etc) Click on headings to sort it.
I do appreciate you taking time and giving feedback.
You feedback is important to me. Thanks
Greaty-K
http://www.rupnet.com/immigration

what happens

if you lose your password at the new rupnet system

Does the system mail you another password. The GC process takes a long long time. In that time the user may forget his password. Has this been covered ?

Thanks for your views, appreciation and encouragement. here are my words.. ...

1Site was launched on 4/02/02 and since then I\'m working on it, and made changes improving with the help of you guys.

2.Like Mili said, every software needs improvement, Just to give you an example, when Ilaunched for CSC I didn\'t know that you guys use WAC not EAC in receipt number. You guys give me feedback and I \'ll work on it. I\'m going to post what all changes I have planned for this weekend. And by the end of this week my plan is :

a. Allow Receipt number modification and Force Formatting during entry. And breakup sorting of WAC.
   b.Report of approval and filers Center/RD month wise
   c.Password confirmation during entry. Currently it doesn\'t confirm password.
   d. Request page on the site, so that you can place request and view what others have requested.

3.Regarding if someone forgets password, then that person has to send me an email. This will be automated soon.

And finally, again, even after my approval I\'ll work on it, as I love doing it.
---It gives me satisfaction.
---This board made my wait for approval so easy.
---And the domain http://www.rupnet.com is my own domain.

So keep posting.
Greaty-k