This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it

sohaib

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 case status has been changed today to

"This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it."

My I-140 was already approved a year back and my I-485 is pending.

My I-140 was applied based on my own labor not labor sub.

Does anybody have clue about this?

My H-1B 3 year extension (based on approved I-140) is pending with USCIS. Do this has to do anything with this?

Thanks in advance.

To which department has this been sent? Who sent this letter/notice.

Seems that they are investigating your case for some reason.

Here is the whole message:

" Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you."

I have not changed my job.

This is what my attorney says:

"I have not received any notification as to why the petition is being reviewed. Therefore, I cannot comment at this time. I did review your file and find nothing that would be an issue to review. Often, the USCIS has software glitches with misinformation. This could be the case in this instance.

I cannot contact the USCIS to find out why it is being reviewed. We will need to wait until notification is received from the USCIS"

He is the same attorney who filed my I-140.

A suggestion for you, you can send an email to the webmaster and explain that your case has been approved and why there's a status change afterwards. He may be able to give you info if it was a system glitch which is very likely.
My I-140 was approved but the LUD changed afterwards to "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed." My attorney told me that just ignore the online status. I called the customer service and she suggested sending an email to webmaster uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov to reconcile the discrepancy and wait for at least two days to get an answer
I have not changed my job.

This is what my attorney says:

"I have not received any notification as to why the petition is being reviewed. Therefore, I cannot comment at this time. I did review your file and find nothing that would be an issue to review. Often, the USCIS has software glitches with misinformation. This could be the case in this instance.

I cannot contact the USCIS to find out why it is being reviewed. We will need to wait until notification is received from the USCIS"

He is the same attorney who filed my I-140.

I had no luck getting reply from the webmaster. Also I took InfoPass appointment and no luck either. All they (USCIS) say is Sate Department has sent your file back to us for review. Looks like I am the only person who got this status change on I140. This is all very disappointing to me as I was considering taking fulltime at my current client. I think I just have to delay till this thing gets resolved.

Shoaib,

Can you please tell if you figured out why the status changed on your approved 140.

I am in the same exact situation now.

Please advise

Thanks
BLS

My 485 status changed to this message a while back. Have not heard anything since.

I spoke to my lawyer and all he said was that if they case is pending processing or waiting to be assigned this is what it may read.

Nothing changed on my 140.

I had no luck getting reply from the webmaster. Also I took InfoPass appointment and no luck either. All they (USCIS) say is Sate Department has sent your file back to us for review. Looks like I am the only person who got this status change on I140. This is all very disappointing to me as I was considering taking fulltime at my current client. I think I just have to delay till this thing gets resolved.

did your Employer/Lawyer file I-140 with CP option? and then later filed I-485 after I-140 approval??