The US should no dare to precent accepting immigrants

johncena

In the US, there are so many Hispanics, Asians and Blacks who work very hard with low salaries.
They all work in a workplace where white people are reluctant to work.
They are very hard-working and they usually spend most time with families.
However, Caucasians usually go to Parties on Fridays and smoke weeds and cause lots of social problem in the US.
Blacks, Asians and Hispanics contribute so much in the society, and Caucasians do nothing but taking advantage of them and stealing money from them.
And now, what the Congressmen did.
They tried to forbid any more immigrants.
I rather find this racist rather than other ridiculous reasons.
Those minorities work in a place where White folkds are reluctant to work.
And now they are trying to compulsiuvely deporting them.
Racist!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who says the law is supreme? You? Me? The law, in the beginning, was no more than an opinion of the majority of the people, which is represented through the Congressmen. In this case, the law was made when the US was predominantly White, so it didn't necessarily reflect the majority opinion of the "human race."

"Hard work should be rewarded." That should be the law of the majority of the humans, the supreme law.

How about the priority date retrogression based on the country where you were born, and not your nationality? I could be a mainland-China born Chinese holding Mexican citizenship applying for 2nd class employment immigration. My date would still not be current, and I would still be classified as Chinese. How is that not racist?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's racist about that is they classify people based on the blood running in their veins, instead of the nationality they hold.

Max Spider X said:
What's racist about that is they classify people based on the blood running in their veins, instead of the nationality they hold.
It is TOTALLY OPPOSITE.
The US classifies people based on nationality instead of blood running in their veins.
White can be born in China between whilte parents, and he is classified as chinese in visa bulletin. Where is classification based on blood ?
You don't seem to understand what you are talking about.

Do you see more China-born white people coming to US and apply for immigration, or more Chinese people holding some other country's citizenship and try to immigrate to the US?

Max Spider X said:
Do you see more China-born white people coming to US and apply for immigration, or more Chinese people holding some other country's citizenship and try to immigrate to the US?

Although it is way far from racism, if you truely think the US is racist country(well then why are you in the US in the first place ?), why don't you raise your voice LOUDLY against the US government. Well, i bet you do not have that guts. You are just whining here doing nothing.

Since when did I say the nation in which I settle in must be the perfect paradise in every aspect? And why wouldn't I have the guts to voice my opinion about the subtle racism that exists in the immigration law? You think something would happen to me if I did that in front of white house? I mean, do you have doubts in the way how this great nation will deal with my with human rights?

Max Spider X said:
Since when did I say the nation in which I settle in must be the perfect paradise in every aspect?
The US is not necessary perfect, however, your accusation of racism or discrimination is not reasonable, as it is nothing to do with racism.
In the US, the US government can decide who can and can not immigrate and one of the criteria is coutry quota which is applied not to create majority group from one origins. Any country has such sentiment, but it simly does not surface as there is no other country that accepts immigrants more than the US.

And why wouldn't I have the guts to voice my opinion about the subtle racism that exists in the immigration law? You think something would happen to me if I did that in front of white house? I mean, do you have doubts in the way how this great nation will deal with my with human rights?
If you did it in front of White house, my hat off. But most likely, your claim is not accepted by public as it is neither discrimination nor racism.

USA is the best country for immigrants. It is most diversified, that made it strong. It is shameful to call it the racist nation. Some people just lack basic understanding of the facts. They have nothing else to say just scream "Racist". That's the easiest thing to do!
Think of any other country which welcomes immigrants like USA? Any? Even UK could be just second best...

My original argument is not about how much immigration from a certain nation the US should accept. My point is, by classifying ppl based on the origin of their birth instead of their citizenship, you are pretty much classifying them by ethnic background. Sure, there can be a tiny percentage of cases like you mentioned, such as a white person born in China to be classified as Chinese. But what are the chances of him to go and try to immigrate into US? What the immigration law is saying is "Ok, you were born in China. I don't care if you hold a mexican passport. Once you were born there, you are chinese for life."

BTW, now that you brought it up, you really think the USA of today is still the most immigration-friendly nation in the world like it once was? Think again.

Max Spider X said:
BTW, now that you brought it up, you really think the USA of today is still the most immigration-friendly nation in the world like it once was? Think again.
Isn't it ?
Just taking the retrogression issue, and claiming that the US is not the most immigration friendly country is absurd.
Just in case you did not know, the US immigration law was de-regulated last 10 years.
There was NO 7th year ext, there was NO 180 days provision with pending I485, there was NO concurrent filing of I140/I485 in '90s. And congress keeps talking about immigration reform. The bill is approved or not is different thing, but they keeps bringing up the immigration de-regulations on the table.
If you know any country which is more friendly than the US, show us with material fact. BTW, immigration-friendly is not just about law. The law, living environment for aliens, jobs, etc should be considered as total package.

As for nationality/citizenship argument...
Have you ever thought why there is country quota ?
With current immigration trend(based on EB), 70% or more of immigrants are comming from certain nations. If you take away the country quota, it might be going up up to 90% or more of those with certain origin. Well, you are happy if you are from these nations, but it hugely limits other people to come and causes impact on diversity.

JoeF said:
US laws don't have to reflect the majority of the human race. They should reflect the majority opinions of US citizens.
Some laws, of course, have been racist, like segregation laws. But immigration laws are not among them.

And how do you know that the current laws reflect the majority of the "current" U.S citizens? In the end, it is still about which race is holding the power. And truthfully, if Whites wanted to, they could have just kept "us" out from the beginning, it may be racist, but then, if there were just Whites around, then it wouldn't be any more illegal than any of the current arbitrary laws.

merovingian said:
USA is the best country for immigrants. It is most diversified, that made it strong. It is shameful to call it the racist nation. Some people just lack basic understanding of the facts. They have nothing else to say just scream "Racist". That's the easiest thing to do!
Think of any other country which welcomes immigrants like USA? Any? Even UK could be just second best...

Let's be realistic. Diversity is not what made America strong(though you'll hear this from non-citizens more than citizens), its resources is. Now I'll admit, if enough of "us" come over and suck up all the resources, they'll eventually run out. That's why we gotta have laws that limit birth. Does that make me selfish? No, because I'm already existing, and it's harder for me to die than to not have new kids(and trust me, I do curse my parents for putting me on this Earth, there's no point in life when everything is about survival).

Not only do we need to limit birth, we need to invent more ways to utilize the current resources. So what it comes down to is, who is willing to work the hardest to achieve that? Who wants to become the next American inventor?

JoeF said:
The majority of US voters has voted the current Congress in power.

Currently, the majority of US citizens are still White, hence the majority of the Congressmen are still Whites. Anyway, why do you refuse to admit the fact that there is latent racism in Congress. I'm not denying the fact that Asians and Hispanics would vote for the immigrants(which clearly implies "racism"), just as the Whites would vote against it, to keep being "overtaken", which is possible, as most of the immigrants are uneducated right now.

BS. There are no race considerations. I suggest growing up instead of excusing everything with race.
Yet another BS statement that is not supported by any fact.
You need to grow up.
Besides, if you think the US is racist, why would you even want to immigrate here?

I'm here because of the resources. And I didn't say that the citizens are racists(in fact, I identify with Whites far more than Asians), just the Congressmen. Don't kid yourself that Congress are not leery of the Hispanics overtaking them.

Oh, and you are cleary displaying racist behavior yourself here. Racism isn't any better when it is targeted toward whites than when it targets non-whites. In fact, lots of people claim that US immigration law discriminates unfairly against whites...

How so?

JoeF said:
Huh? The US has no such laws. In what kind of alternate Universe are you living???
And resources are not US-specific. Water, air, etc., for example, are circulating worldwide.

I said nothing about the US having/not having laws like that, I said that we need a law like that, universally. And water, air ain't the same as a wireless laptop.

Are you going to say anything to back up your point instead of just trying to deny what I said? One would think that a so-called citizen would be smart enough to make his point instead of just simply spouting you're a racist this and that, which is no more than circular ad hominem.

As far as backing up my point, hmm, let's see, the majority of citizens in this country are Whites. Congress are mostly Whites. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anyway, I don't know why you continue to think "racism"(at least in this case) as a big deal. Racism is a human trait. Humans are naturally territorial. They make generalizations based on what they see. You all do it in science. It's called the scientific method. Just because it pertains to humans, doesn't mean that it's any less true(it may be inappropriate, because humans have feelings, but that doesn't mean it's not true.)

Joe, please keep in mind that this topic was intended for discussion about the govt and its policies. Any name-calling should be directed to the govt and not the other posters.

Back to your post, of course skin color of the candidates come into play as a factor. Whether you agree with it or not, a good portion, if not most, of the voters ARE leaned towards voting for the candidate of their race. I wouldn't necessarily call it "racism". It is simply part of the basic human subconscious. It is more about how ppl feel comfortable with someone of their ethnicity being their leader. Same theory can be used to explain how ppl tend to live in communities that mainly consist of their own race. This is not something that I can simply find you proof for in some online article.

Same can be said about how some leaders dedicated their careers in helping the communities of ppl who came from his/her homeland.