The truth about Name Check

Name check result

have anybody get name check query result from FBI recently. I sent a request on Oct 5th, get no answer yet.

I sent an email and Fax on Sept 30 No answer and again on Oct 7 th There is no reply.

I did my FP last dec 2003 and 485 message says the processing has reumed on my case since then.
I called FBI two days back they told my FP result was sent last dec 10 2003..

What the hell is happening with these people..They don't do things in orderly fashion..

They are approving cases of guys filed in 2004 where in cases are still pending since 2001..

Here is what i did a couple of months ago, employer asked status enquire in Aug, got response at the end of the same month, it said the processing date has not been reached for our case, but if we looked the processing date from TSC web site, it was already passed at that time,
then we called senater office and got the result from TSC which said our name check are not cleared, so we e-mailed the name check request to FBI, so far no answer is gotten from them yet, the only thing we can do is waitting.
It is hard to believe it takes me forever in order to get the status of the name check.

FBI does response.
I faxed on Sept 22,2004. Got response on Nov 6, 2004.

the following is the content of the email:

Dear First Nane LastName:
This is in reference to your facsimile received on September 22, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on October **, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

But I faxed another request on 09/24/2004 for another A#, did not get response yet.

FBI responds

I had sent an email enquiring about name-check status on Sept 31st. I got reply on Nov. 15th.

Hope this help. On 10/5/04, I sent an email to FBI for name check. Yesterday(11/20/04), I got a respond email (waited 45 days):

Dear xxx xxx:

I am responding to your email dated October 5, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on May 15, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy, Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

prayforgc said:
I sent my query about name check to FBI by email and fax at Sept.30, no response so far... luckily my I-485 got approved recently...

This is what happend on tow my co-workers and me. We do not get response. BUT they two got 140/485 clear and I got I140 approval and 485 RFE :(

Just called up FBI for FP results

The lady on th ephone asked my A number and told me that my FP results were returned to USCIS on the same day I did my FP.

So that means USCIS now has my FP even if they take a week to update my 485 status. Correct ?

will_get_there