The truth about Name Check

comp_chem

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

there was too much building up around the name checks and contacting FBI. I think you should not worry about them. I just received a reply to my e-mail of Sept. 29 to the FBI (David M. Hardy, Chief, National Name Check Program Section). Here is one paragraph from it:

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning $NAME$ revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on September 23, 2003, and was finalized on Septemcer 24, 2003. The results were forwarded to USCIS.

FYI, I was fingerprinted in December. Therefore, my name check was done long time before the FP request was even issued. So, don't worry about FBI. Cross your fingers and wait for an USCIS agent to accidentally pick up YOUR case next time.

confused :confused:

unitednations said:
There are many people on the boards who have communicated that when they received a response back from FBI - they were surprised to learn that FBi was still clearning the name check or they never received a request. Also, when people contact senators/congress people, the service centers respond that they are waiting for name check even though subsequently people found out that fbi cleared it long ago.

You don't want to wait for two years from filing to find out that name check wasn't initiated.

My personal suggestion is to e-mail fbi and find out for sure.

I am little confused about this FBI name Check issue. Please clarify me this. Now my FP was done on 10/05/2004 and my LUD changed for my I-485 on 10/15/2004 saying :
"On October 15, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made".
So is this message means my name-check/Fingure Printing is cleared by FBI or otherwise? Please let me know.
Thanks,

Thanks

unitednations said:
name check is independent of fingerprint check. uscis doesn't update web-site for name check issues.

Fingerprint is cleared. You don't know about name check other than communicating with fbi yourself.

here is the e-mail address of fbi:

fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

send an e-mail saying you have an adjustment of status application and you are inquiring as to the status of your name check.

Include:

name
date of birth
alien #
phone number
address
country of birth
receipt # of 485.

Thanks a lot unitednations for your help. I will send an email today only. is the following your email id: nyousaf@ureach.com

Thanks

unitednations said:
Unitednations,
Name check will be for both myself and mywife, so I sould email to FBI asking for both myself and my wife's name check, am i right?

Regards,

unitednations said:
Yes,

I sent mine in the same e-mail.

UnitedNations,
Can you please tell me that how much time FBI takes to respond the querry for Name Check status. Because I sent an email on last sunday night, havnt got any reply as yet.

Thanks

I am going for FP this December. When will fbi do the name check? Is it after FP is received and how long I have to wait before asking them of the results? I've seen a lot of posts about name check but I'm a bit confused.

Hi UN,
Thanks for the answer. I already did name check. Mine got cleared not my spouse's. Do I have to get the FOIA form for my spouse filled, notarized and faxed. Do I have to atttach any cover letter? Do you know any template for that?
Do I have to add alien # info too.

Thanks,
Ananya

Last edited by a moderator:
ananya,
how did you do name check.can you explain.
I did my FP last year still waiting..

-- 10/23/2003 - 40 & 485

United,

I sent email last OCt 5th i got no reply i sent a fax on sept 29 no reply yet..
any thing you can highlight onthis..Name check..

National security check

Whether Name check and National security check are the same? I went for 485 interview last week and they told me that my secuirty check has not been completed yet. I am herewith giving the exact text as it appears in the printed sheet the officer gave to me.

A Note to our Applicants Regarding National Secuirty Checks :

A final decision cannot be made on any application for naturalization or adjustment of status to that of a permanent resident until national security checks are complete and the local CIS office receives a response.

This process can take many months. Authorities in the Washington D.C area complete the checks and this office has no control over the pace of their completion. In fact, it is not unusual for the checks to take well over six months.

It is important to understand that your case is not the only one. At any given time there are many hundreds of this office's case pending due to national security checks and that a significant portion of the checks take more than six months. Cases with pending security checks are queried every week to ensure that those that have cleared are acted on in a timely manner.

I thank you for your patience and, with this information in mind, I ask that you wait at least 120 days from the date of your interview before making any inquries into the status of your case. This will help us use our personnel more efficiently to complete cases rather than diverting them to answer premature status inquiries.

My questions are :
1. Does anyone receive this kind of info before?
2. Is this name check?

comp_chem said:
Guys,

there was too much building up around the name checks and contacting FBI. I think you should not worry about them. I just received a reply to my e-mail of Sept. 29 to the FBI (David M. Hardy, Chief, National Name Check Program Section). Here is one paragraph from it:

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning $NAME$ revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on September 23, 2003, and was finalized on Septemcer 24, 2003. The results were forwarded to USCIS.

FYI, I was fingerprinted in December. Therefore, my name check was done long time before the FP request was even issued. So, don't worry about FBI. Cross your fingers and wait for an USCIS agent to accidentally pick up YOUR case next time.

well that is good news, I wish I get lucky soon, I can’t even get the congressman to clear my name, there are a lot of people just like me that are waiting on that name check BULL for over a year.
Well at least you got yours cleared up, congratulations and I hope that you’ll get an oath letter soon. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks unitednations

Thanks for your message. I have missing one letter in my Driver license in the first name and no problem in the last name. All my INS documents has the right name as in the passport. When I went for the finger printing, they took a note of it in other names column and they said it shouldn't affect the immigration processing.

My question is , do I have to specify the correct name only or both the name when I send enquiry mail to FBI?

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Ceejay

ceejay said:
Whether Name check and National security check are the same? I went for 485 interview last week and they told me that my secuirty check has not been completed yet. I am herewith giving the exact text as it appears in the printed sheet the officer gave to me.

A Note to our Applicants Regarding National Secuirty Checks :

A final decision cannot be made on any application for naturalization or adjustment of status to that of a permanent resident until national security checks are complete and the local CIS office receives a response.

This process can take many months. Authorities in the Washington D.C area complete the checks and this office has no control over the pace of their completion. In fact, it is not unusual for the checks to take well over six months.

It is important to understand that your case is not the only one. At any given time there are many hundreds of this office's case pending due to national security checks and that a significant portion of the checks take more than six months. Cases with pending security checks are queried every week to ensure that those that have cleared are acted on in a timely manner.

I thank you for your patience and, with this information in mind, I ask that you wait at least 120 days from the date of your interview before making any inquries into the status of your case. This will help us use our personnel more efficiently to complete cases rather than diverting them to answer premature status inquiries.

My questions are :
1. Does anyone receive this kind of info before?
2. Is this name check?
1- it all depend on your information officer, some gave these information to the people, and some don't even care weather you know these information or not, I am sure that paper is a legal document and they should be given out to every one.

2-yes that is a name check.

I sent my query about name check to FBI by email and fax at Sept.30, no response so far... luckily my I-485 got approved recently...