The Text of Letter to be sent to Congress members

Lazerthegreat

Registered Users (C)
As Gilbert mentioned in his recent post that there has been Bipartisan Congressional Refugee Caucus formed for Refugee processing and he also gave names of the individuals who are the part of the Caucus.
You can find the contacts of each individual by going to

"www.House.gov"

Here I am posting the text of the letter which I wrote to my Congressman in my area and he granted me a meeting with him. Therefore I feel that the text of this letter is very impressive.

I request everyone to to either Mail or Fax the letter to those individuals of the Refugee caucus. Please DONT be tempted to email them the text, that would not do any good.

Always mention your name and contact numbers at the end of the letter, otherwise it would be considered anonymous.

Also print out the following and attach with the letter

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/asyleeadj.htm

I wish and hope and you guys would take the matter seriously and mail/fax your letters at your earliest.

Thanks,

To send either a letter or emails to the President or congress you can click below.All you have to do is to go on that website you will be able to access the phone/fax/emails of all the members of
Congress,house representatives and the president himself.

www.congress.org

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not recommend sending an email as it is usually overlooked and not taken seriously. Use direct mail or fax.

thanks,

To whom should I send the letter

To which one in the list should I send the letter?

I'm ready to put it in the mail.

Thanks

Choose 3 names at random and obtain their addresses from website and send them this letter. Choose any 3 of them. Your cost of sending letter would be about a dollar but if everybody does that then just imagine the effect of this campaign.

thanks,

Re: To whom should I send the letter

Originally posted by cookiemonster
To which one in the list should I send the letter?

I'm ready to put it in the mail.

Thanks just go onwww.congress.org then enter your zip code,you will be able to see names of senators or congressmen in your area and you will be able to have thier phones/faxes/emails/addresses once you click on each one of them.Thank you for your effort.

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
As Gilbert mentioned in his recent post that there has been Bipartisan Congressional Refugee Caucus formed for Refugee processing and he also gave names of the individuals who are the part of the Caucus.
You can find the contacts of each individual by going to

"www.House.gov"

Here I am posting the text of the letter which I wrote to my Congressman in my area and he granted me a meeting with him. Therefore I feel that the text of this letter is very impressive.

I request everyone to to either Mail or Fax the letter to those individuals of the Refugee caucus. Please DONT be tempted to email them the text, that would not do any good.

Always mention your name and contact numbers at the end of the letter, otherwise it would be considered anonymous.

Also print out the following and attach with the letter

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/asyleeadj.htm

I wish and hope and you guys would take the matter seriously and mail/fax your letters at your earliest.

Thanks,

that is good lazerthegreat

Done

My letter is in the mail, all the members in this forum should do the same, is very easy, just change the personal; information in Lazer's letter and send it.

Please, let's do it. Is the only way to get something.

Re: Done

Done deal,I faxed mine to the President & a couple of Members of Congress in my area Rep. pete Session(select committe on homeland security),and

Rep.Eddie b. Johnson.I hope they will be able to read them.

I also urge(Asylees) who have not done it please to follow suit.

Gilbert! AT the time Mr. Cooper granted me a meeting with him, unfortunately I was leaving Tennessee at that very moment due to job change. I never met him as the meeting was supposed to take place after two weeks and I could not delay my plans.

Originally posted by kelvin2088
what a pity:(
meeting this congressman does not guarantee that he would have changed the law. I think we need more than one congressman to effect change. That is why we need to make a noise and even organize a demonstration in Washington D.C.

I am impressed by your enthusiasm shamshon, especially a demonstration in Washington DC. How about right outside the
White House? :)

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
I am impressed by your enthusiasm shamshon, especially a demonstration in Washington DC. How about right outside the
White House? :)
I am not kidding :) The only problem is that we need to wait until things settle down so that we can get media coverage. If everyone in this forum is ready to go I am ready to organize this demonstration and get the permission for it.

Fellow asylees I still want to urge those of you who have not mailed the letters or even taken any action to do so.
Please remember that during the I st session of the108th congress,
A bill was introduced by Rep.Jackson Lee of Texas,to increase the numerical limitation on the number of asylees whose status may be adjusted to that of an alien lawfully permanent residence.

As of 03-06-2003, the bill ( H.R.82 ) was reffered to the committee on the judiciary.the deal is in general-Section 209(b)of the Immigration act (8 U.S.C. 1159(b) is amended by striking `10,000`and inserting `25,000`.

There is a potential chance if something can be done to locate the contacts of the members of the judicial committee and flood them with an avalanche of letters.Guys lets wake up and do something if we are to expect positive results,no one is going to do it for us if we don`t.