The reason to transfer I-485 to local office

Philyjun

Registered Users (C)
Anybody has any idea abount the reason that I-485 been transferd to the local office!

Thanks.

EB2 ND Nov 2003
No RFE,
FP Nov 2004
TD 1/7/2005 to Philly

cases are transferred for either of these reasons
1.past conviction
2.Lack of medicals
3.Recent marriage and applying for spouse
4.TO speed up process also ins some times transfers
5.If they want more information

kiran_mig said:
cases are transferred for either of these reasons
1.past conviction
2.Lack of medicals
3.Recent marriage and applying for spouse
4.TO speed up process also ins some times transfers
5.If they want more information

AND
if the case is EB1 or NIW

if you records show that you are not working with the employer who filed I-140( i have seen mnay cases transfed due to this reason also becase they did not update USCIS with AC21 letter and at the time of Interview they provided the AC21 letter)

If more than one I-485 is filed by same person

Sometimes it might be ALL or NONE or SOME of the above.
I and my friend started our GCs as "Future" cases at almost about the same time (LC Aug/Sep 2002). Mine was from Harrisburg and his was from Delaware. Both are with different employers. To make it even more interesting he first filed a labor from MD [which just got upto Federal from state..... :confused: ]. As Plan B he filed from Delaware [Gold rush at one point in time]

We hit the 485 filing on almost similar dates... Both were around June/July 2003. My first FP was in Sep-2004. His was Oct-2004.
I started working for my GC sponsoring company [EAD] from Aug-2004. He is still working for the H1-B holder.

His case got approved directly from VSC in Dec-2004. :) :)
My case got transferred to Baltimore on Sep-28-2004. :confused:

Sometimes INS enjoys giving us the task of "Guesstimating" the reasons behind the Xfers...... :( :rolleyes: :p

His Maryland labor is still travelling at snail's pace......